Discuss Pc Simon harwood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
That seems like a massive miscarriage of justice to me! Have you read the mans disciplinary record?

Given the information that the jury had, I would have come to the same decision. The new information about his character would make anyone, I'm sure, find him guilty though! The question is whether it's right that precons aren't disclosed to the jury, i.e. each case is judged purely on it's own. I'm certainly not sure either way.

I think that any police officer that leaves one force on medical grounds and avoids a discipline hearing then joins another force and then transfers back into his old force has a very dubious character.

The police have questions to answer and that is 'how is this possible'. I think he will loose his job on the police discipline board.

Having said that, I have personal experience with selective reporting of the press and the fact that the story they report only has to have a slight amount of truth to get away with it. The TV news is not that much better!

We only get snapshots of the evidence not the whole picture and we only get a snapshot of video taken by 'protestors'

I trust in the jury system 12 people sitting there listening to ALL the evidence presented and being directed by a judge. If the jury find him innocent then that is good enough for me.

As for the dishonesty (possibly) deceit (possibly) and violence used on previous occasions then this should be taken into account by the police complaints authority which are now independent.

shocking to be honest police seem to have there own rules imo

This man was tried by our system in which we are all accountable, unless you/we/public think some members of society or in some jobs should be treated differently, with a different level of proof required.

Personally I don't have a lot of faith in our justice system and today's case shows this, the man was walking away back to his attacker, in my eyes that makes him a bully and a coward and guilty as sin! Money talks and good briefs can spin any load of rubbish I mean remember this

[DLMURL="http://www.motoringfirst.co.uk/MotorOffenceBible/Needed%20The%20Toilet.php"]MF - I Needed The Toilet, Speeding Loopholes[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don't have a lot of faith in our justice system and today's case shows this, the man was walking away back to his attacker, in my eyes that makes him a bully and a coward and guilty as sin! Money talks and good briefs can spin any load of rubbish I mean remember this

[DLMURL="http://www.motoringfirst.co.uk/MotorOffenceBible/Needed%20The%20Toilet.php"]MF - I Needed The Toilet, Speeding Loopholes[/DLMURL]

Not very often am I 100% serious but I feel quite strongly about this sort of stuff,
you can't compare a manslaughter case with that of a speeding ticket. Speeding tickets are held in magistrates courts with no jury and the manslaughter case is held in crown court.

I'd agree that on the face of it this man was walking away but you only saw a snapshot of the incident a 30 second video and a few press reports to base your opinion. The jury has had 7 (or whatever) days listening to the evidence, the whole evidence, watching all videos taken, looking at all pictures.

The job of a barrister, is to present the evidence, it is for the prosecution to PROVE the case beyond all reasonable doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think this PC has a few mental issues, leaving the 'old bill' re-joining then back to the Met, he maybe a bully or a coward, this does not make him guilty of this offense.

Clearly a bully and a coward in light of his record, but actually proving he was responsible for that poor man's death was always going to be incredibly difficult.

do you realy feel its right to be tried by 12 people without the sense to get out of jury service ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pc Simon harwood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock