Discuss Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is the monthly fee for machine rental or whatever they charge you for?
That's negotiable with whatever payment plan is best suited to you. Bit like a monthly phone contract! Why not arrange a meeting with their local rep and find out? No obligation and you have nothing to lose.

System we will agree to disagree.
Some day when you get bumped for thousands you might consider moving into the 21st Century. Plus you're not offering your customers the benefit of having a convenient and alternative payment method than "going to a bank".

One alternative to credit/debit card payments is to set up a business Paypal account and get paid that way. Be aware though that Paypal's fees are much higher than card machines, but either way you get paid.

Done it and didnt want to pay, besides still live in the 20th century where trust is a two way thing. And as I say will always collect

I must admit to being surprised at the debate. As a merchant, our preference would be in this order:

Debit card
Credit card
Cash
Invoice on account, paid by BACS
Invoice on account, paid by cheque
Cheque (on the spot)

I appreciate that our business processes are a bit different, but charge backs on cards are trivially small in comparison to bounced cheques, late or unpaid invoices. Large amounts of cash are a pain in the @ss.

Having said that, I would not be surprised if a tradesman didn't want to take a card - and if I wanted to pay that way, I would expect to check before the job started. However, if at the end of the job, he whipped out a card machine and offered to let me pay by card, I would be impressed.

Thank you Ray, exactly what my point is. As for payment methods I've completely eliminated the last 3 methods on your list as I expect to (fairly) and promptly paid for my services upon completion of works.

Sadly Nicro3 "Done it and didnt want to pay, besides still live in the 20th century where trust is a two way thing. And as I say will always collect" may well prove to be your downfall one day when you get bumped for a large 4 figure sum.

Semi retired can afford to have this attitude been there done it and got the t shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock