Search the forum,

Discuss Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering it Colin, which would they rather have, my money with 123send or my money with Cardsave? either way it seems like a no-brainer to me.

I hope there's not, I've had it about 4 years and I didn't sign any renewal agreement. Ill give them a buzz tomorrow, see if I can point out how daft it is.

It was the only thing I could pull on the card save agreement. Cancel early and you still need to pay the remainder 12 months of the agreement plus a 150 fee for the terminal.

But on the plus side it's only a 12 month agreement and I don't see it as an issue.

System how hard is this machine to use i hate anything computer related. Its probably easy to use but until you get one in your hand you never know

Its like working a big calculator. All you need to do is press transaction, put the card in the machine, type in the amount, let the customer type their pin in and it tells you if its accepted or declined, you get two receipts printed out, one for you and one for the customer. The money arrives in your account after 4 or 5 days roughly. Nothing complicated about it Destroyer2813

Oh good, my knowledge of computer stuff is somewhat limitd and i have a short fuse at best of times

As Connor says above, it's simple. The terminal comes with full instructions and Cardsave have a helpline to get you started.

PLEASE GUYS, KEEP YOUR TERMINALS WELL HIDDEN WHEN IN THE VAN AND NOT IN USE!!!!!!!!

As Connor says above, it's simple. The terminal comes with full instructions and Cardsave have a helpline to get you started.

PLEASE GUYS, KEEP YOUR TERMINALS WELL HIDDEN WHEN IN THE VAN AND NOT IN USE!!!!!!!!

But if it got nicked what can a thief do with it??

how do we sign up for the forum discount? I want one!

Last edited:
Who's cage did you rattle Colin? Cardsave suddenly want to speak to me about a new card machine..

This thread made me investigate getting mobile card machines for all our delivery vans.

I'm a bit narked, because my card provider wants ÂŁ1.68 more per month than the deal that system3 did for forum members. Still trying to beat the robbing toads down.

System3 - if you ever get fed up with installation, I have a job for you in our buying department. :)

This thread made me investigate getting mobile card machines for all our delivery vans.

I'm a bit narked, because my card provider wants ÂŁ1.68 more per month than the deal that system3 did for forum members. Still trying to beat the robbing toads down.

System3 - if you ever get fed up with installation, I have a job for you in our buying department. :)
Only problem is that your trade counter would suddenly find itself no longer selling flexies. LOL

Only problem is that your trade counter would suddenly find itself no longer selling flexies. LOL

This is going to make you wince System3...

Just put my stats geek head on, and checked our sales of flexis. Laid end to end, they would stretch from where I am sitting in Portmouth, up the A3, past Petersfield, on past the Liphook round-about, through the Hindhead tunnel and by Christmas, they would reach Guildford.

Now, which is sadder? All those flexis, or that I am spending my Friday night working it out?

Washing machine hoses are are a kind of flexi-- comments please
They are and washing machine manufacturers recommend that they are changed every 5 years, so where does that leave flexible hoses then? LOL

Well, met the reps today and signed up! Quite excited about being able to offer card payments, it should save a bit of admin time chasing invoices, too..

Thanks again for sorting out the discount, System3!

How much does the card system cost, ie The cost of machine (do you buy it or rent it?). Quarterly charges etc. Thanks. By the way only people that I have had elastic cheques from have all been builders, so I dont contract to builders anymore!

How much does the card system cost, ie The cost of machine (do you buy it or rent it?). Quarterly charges etc. Thanks. By the way only people that I have had elastic cheques from have all been builders, so I dont contract to builders anymore!
If you're interested in the forum discount, PM me your full contact details and I'll get Cardsave to contact you.

My machine arrived yesterday so I'm all set. Looks fairly straightforward, just need to get some customers to pay now.

going to continue following this thread if people continue to post there experiences. dont think i am at the stage of card machine yet but i do want one. next few months i guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started using mine today,put three transactions through absolute doddle funnily enough I think it gives off a more professional air to your business.With the amount of cheques I used to bank I can just visualize the diesel saving running to and fro banking, that and the cracking forum deal which brings in every transaction cheaper than banking a cheque. For me its total convenience and clears funds into my account quicker.

The facility to take card payments over the phone is a big bonus too. Although it's straight forward, contact the Cardsave helpline and they'll talk you through it.

Don that cost more though. Card not present ?
It is higher risk though. We won't take card not present payments unless we know the cardholder personally. Probably a small risk if you have actually worked at the address, but dangerous if you are selling high value items to unknown customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock