Discuss Over 3 mins to get hot water in kitchen - is this normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Riley - I see, shall I redo the test but turn on the water at full blast? I need to get the bucket first.

How open did you have the taps?

Why do you think it's causing an issue ?? Were you given the option to upgrade your mains if necessary The correct operation of an unvented cylinder is very dependent on the flow and pressure of water. Do you know where your stopcock is if so take a photo of it to include the pipe entering and exiting it

I thought perhaps the delay could be caused by cold water having to travel from the mains to the boiler and then back to the kitchen. Whereas when the boiler was in the kitchen it was pretty close to the mains.

Sorry I don't know what a stopcock looks like. I need to google this. Is it normally under the sink or by the cylinder?

You no longer have a Combi boiler you now have a store of hot water in the hot water cylinder. Which is heated by your boiler. For the kids during the day as you use hot water obviously this is replaced by cold water going into the cylinder Depending on your heating/ Hot water settings The boiler will sporadically turn on and bring the water in the cylinder back up to temperature during the day. With the greatest of respect it doesn't sound like you've had your system explained to you as you don't understand how the system components work which other

Sorry I don't know what a stopcock looks like. I need to google this. Is it normally under the sink or by the cylinder?

You really really really need to speak to the builder/plumber and have these things explained to you. What are you supposed to do in the event of an emergency and you need to turn the water off. If as you say the mains water enters your property through the front of the house it is likely that there will be a brass tap or a lever valve. If you know where the mains enters the property then it should be there

image.png

It is embarrassing how little I know. TBH I would prefer my husband dealt with this but he is worse than me.
The plumber used by the builder doesn't speak great English so we don't really understand what he is saying.
Here is a picture of the cupboard under my sink. I can't see anything that looks like that image you sent Riley. I need to open the panel which houses the sprinkler maybe it is in there. We had to have a water sprinkler fitted to meet building regs.Under the sink.jpg

I'm sorry but that doesn't show us anything. A photo near the hot water cylinder might show it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Over 3 mins to get hot water in kitchen - is this normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock