Discuss oil Pressure Guage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cbs

I have bought a glycerine filled pressure gauge I wish to use it for setting the pressure on oil burners. Does anyone know what type of fitting I would need to use on the end of the tube to attach it to the burner. As I dont want to buy an expensive commissioning kit.

attend an oil training course and youll find out!!!!!!!!!!!

As I dont want to buy an expensive commissioning kit.
Personally I wouldnt try that without the kit, the manifold itself is very useful for bleeding oil lines and gets rid of the air in the flexible hose to the guage. This is not something you want to start DIYing and if you are competent, wait for experience to set in before cutting those sorts of corners.

think its diy, probably no smoke pump or fga either so one sooty boiler, buckled baffles or much worse to follow

And a manifold is ÂŁ15, not expensive anyway, think the kit is only ÂŁ45..

Personally I wouldnt try that without the kit, the manifold itself is very useful for bleeding oil lines and gets rid of the air in the flexible hose to the guage. This is not something you want to start DIYing and if you are competent, wait for experience to set in before cutting those sorts of corners.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil Pressure Guage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hello. Today I have installed a new radiator upstairs. A little bit bigger so I had to make new pipe work. Before that I flushed as much water...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock