Search the forum,

Discuss oil Pressure Guage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cbs

I have bought a glycerine filled pressure gauge I wish to use it for setting the pressure on oil burners. Does anyone know what type of fitting I would need to use on the end of the tube to attach it to the burner. As I dont want to buy an expensive commissioning kit.

attend an oil training course and youll find out!!!!!!!!!!!

As I dont want to buy an expensive commissioning kit.
Personally I wouldnt try that without the kit, the manifold itself is very useful for bleeding oil lines and gets rid of the air in the flexible hose to the guage. This is not something you want to start DIYing and if you are competent, wait for experience to set in before cutting those sorts of corners.

think its diy, probably no smoke pump or fga either so one sooty boiler, buckled baffles or much worse to follow

And a manifold is ÂŁ15, not expensive anyway, think the kit is only ÂŁ45..

Personally I wouldnt try that without the kit, the manifold itself is very useful for bleeding oil lines and gets rid of the air in the flexible hose to the guage. This is not something you want to start DIYing and if you are competent, wait for experience to set in before cutting those sorts of corners.

Thanks

may be a daft question but what training did you do where you have to ask what hose fitting do I use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not from a plumbing background so I dont no the names or fittings. that not the whole point of a forum to share knowledge? Bought a manifold for my pressure gauge yesterday.

Also I do have a smoke pump and a fga

Im not from a plumbing background so I dont no the names or fittings. that not the whole point of a forum to share knowledge?
Well, a forum is like a virtual pub where its all types of subject related chat, not just dishing out free advice. We have to be very careful as many many people join every day to ask advice on how to solve problems themselves and unless the 'asker' has told us his experience and or qualifications, how are we to assume their competency? Easy and safest way is to presume there isnt any which is why many posts are answered swiftly with 'Get a plumber..." etc.
Your post started with what you had bought and that you wanted to cut corners, your profile offers no background. So a wary response is understandable.

1/4" iirc personally I have always used a brass extension off a old burner.

as he's new he wont have one of those available yet. If your not fm a plumbing background, are you just starting by working on oil appliances as a servicing and commissioning technician, which Id consider quite brave of you, but good luck and I expect youll be on here regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil Pressure Guage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock