Discuss Not paid for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macpi4u

Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I did a job a few months(February) ago and I have not been paid. I have chased the client up and still nothing. Now today they emailed me because they are having a problem. With the floor that was laid.

Now legally because I have not been paid for the work do I have to go and rectify the problem? I pretty much wrote this job off as a lost, And Now, this!
Thanks for your help in advance.

I cant answer the legal question but my initial reaction would be yes because they contracted you to do the work which you did, it has now gone wrong and if it is because of something you did wrong (which im not saying it is) then you need to repair it. the payment problem is a completely different issue. If it is something out of your control it will become a second Job though so you coulod decline (knowing the payment problems you had)
either way I would go round to see whats what and ask for payment for the first job you did and if required payment up front for the second job at least for parts.
That is only how i would try and handle things though. Hope this helps ?

Did you lay the floor? what has that got to do with plumbing? confused (easily)

Tell the client with the money they saved not payin u in the first place to use that to recitfy the job themselves i very much doubt that u would get any referalls or future work so wot does it matter as for the legal patter i doubt they would follow through as they have a cheek not payin and then have the cheek to ring you up to rectify wot job u did.... Did you not mention the fact that they never paid u in the first place... blimey they have some front let me know wot u said to them when they said ur job has gone wrong,
me personally would tellthem tuff luk next time they want a job pay the bloke and u might get it rectified....

i would jump at the chance to go round. tell them the prob is under floor. rip it up then bugger of.

Hi macpi4u I think you should email them and tell them you would be happy to call round and sort things out just as soon as the cheque you are still waiting for the previous work arrives and is cleared into your bank account look forward to hearing from you soon. keep all emails for future ref in case they go legal cant see that myself but as we all know there can be 2 sides to every story good luck in your quest:)regards turnpin

Did you lay the floor? what has that got to do with plumbing? confused (easily)

My tiler laid the floor and apparently they had someone come by and said the floor has too much give. So the grout is cracked. I have no problem fixing a problem it is my fault but not if I have not been paid for the work.

Well they have probably broken any contract you had in standard law by not paying you
Do not know all works and cost involved

But,if it was me,as said, would go round ,say yes ,will sort out,lift floor,put it in van and then request payment outstanding ,plus a realistic penalty for late payment up front before re laying

Teach them a good lesson,cowboy customers need such action in my personal opinion !!!!!

If you can not be bothered,forget about it,they can will not chase you to pit right works you have not been paid for
On the off chance make sure the person who is ringing ,knows you have not been paid,I have had it were the Husband rings up about something and when I point out monies outstanding,he knew nothing about it,wife spend money else where !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are u even considering fixing it for them?

You sound like a soft touch mate.

If someone doesn't pay u for completed work then sometimes u have to go to the extreme of imtimidation, maybe Send the boys round to "ask" for the cash.

As for the rework, tell them to go and chase themselves.

No cash, no guarantee. Ppl have got a right brass neck these days

your tiler mate have you checked with him/her that they used the right rubberised stick and grout if they have used the right stuff and you are sure their was enough timbers under the floor the surely its not ur fault people/ customers all ways have so call mates who hav someone come round and say thats not right but if they were any good or knew what they were talkig about why did they not get them to do it in the first place. if u go down the legal route then all they need to say is uve not done what they agreed then u dont stand much chance. think id go and take it up take pic's and see how you get on from their

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not paid for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi all - apologies in advance for the essay. Posted a week or two ago about a botched shower job and had some really helpful replies (tray...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am not going to make any repairs myself on my boilers but no plumbers have been able to solve my issue. I am seeking for help on this...
Replies
Views
My heating has developed a new and unwelcome quirk just recently, which is that it's sporadically failing to provide hot water. This is something...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock