Discuss Newly qualified at 54! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Well done on qualification. As you say it's all about enjoying the challenges. When it's a bit tricky but you get it to go right - no better feeling!!

Im 32 and just finishing my level 2 in plumbing and heating.
Just waiting to get a start date for level 3 gas safe course but Id like to go the other.
I mean once Im 50+ Id like to go into teaching.

All our tutors at college were previously plumbers. Injuries/health related problems found them re training as teachers.

It is harder than you may think not only do you need to know your stuff cos if you don't the little buggers will find you out but then you have to do your A1 (assessors) followed by the equivalent of a PGC degree in teaching or what ever they are calling it now.
Still the pay is great!!! Once fully qualified with a degree in teaching, A Level 3 in Plumbing / Heating & gas + good electrical knowledge, plus your A1 award you will be able to commended the princely sum of around £34K a year. :(
Oh & don't tell me the holidays are good cos you will either be sick, doing prep, or sorting out the workshop ready for the next lot & if you do manage to slip away for a couple of weeks you will be paying top dollar as the schools are out to.
Still want to do it ??:eek:

Reply to Newly qualified at 54! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm a newly qualified plumber looking for a full time job. I currently got 2 years experience and all my own tools and a full UK drivers...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
H
Hello guys, I'm 26 y/o and have decided that I'd no longer like to stay in a desk job for the rest of my working days. At 26, I feel that i'm at...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock