Discuss Newly qualified at 54! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

PDS

Hi Guys, just thought I'd introduce myself.
At the grand age of 54, I have just qualified as a wet plumber.
Previously, I was a teacher of engineering at an FE college for 18 years and before that run my own motor vehicle repair business.
Needless to say, friends and family think I'm mad but I'm really enjoying the challenges that each day brings.
I guess I will be looking for advice as time moves forward and from what i have seen so far, you guys do not hold back in your support for those of us new to the trade.

Hello and welcome

And a proper job it is too.

Both are very hard , big plus point with plumbing and heating is your overheads are very low , garage premises etc wow , fortune , I worked 3/4 days a week to pay traders policy , rent , rates , utilities etc etc etc .

That sounds about right with the insurance, big workshops to heat and staff who often f*%k up customers cars.
Mind you, after 18 years teaching i reckon I've gone a bit soft.

Reply to Newly qualified at 54! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm a newly qualified plumber looking for a full time job. I currently got 2 years experience and all my own tools and a full UK drivers...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
H
Hello guys, I'm 26 y/o and have decided that I'd no longer like to stay in a desk job for the rest of my working days. At 26, I feel that i'm at...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock