Currently reading:
New Logo - What do you think?

Discuss New Logo - What do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

anz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to get a website set up soon and I think I should have a professional logo to go with it. This will be used on all other promotional materials too. I've hired a company to design me a logo, they've come up with the following concepts.

What do you guys think?
Which one do you think is the best?
What would you change?

ABH Logo.jpg

i agree with whpes, the sizing of 'plumbing and heating is proportionally too small on all but number 5.
perhaps that is why (possibly subliminally) most people have suggested 5 as a favourite. if you increase the font size and ask again you may find people have a new fave!!!!

p.s they all look professional tho

do you reckon those "no tools kept in van overnight" signs make a blind bit of difference?

might even have the reverse effect. an unwritten van may have nothing in it at all. a sign that says no tool left in van at least proves at some point there definetly will be...

bit like "warning: dog. enter at own risk" signs. yeah, that'll put off a crow-bar wielding junkie.

These are the latest designs I've received, what do you think?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318416048701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318416048701.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 18
A cross between 1 and 2.
The typeface used for the 'ABH' of number two but in red with the typeface used for 'plumbing and heating' of number one.
The others are contemporary for their own sake which makes for an ugly, barely legible logo.
I'd also question the taste behind the choices of some of the typefaces. There are plenty of classy sans serif fonts that give a contemporary look without resorting to typefaces that wouldn't look out of place on the cover of a happy hardcore album from the 90s.

You need to stop worrying about whether it's dated. Your main concern is whether your customers will be able to easily read the logo.

I know these are mock ups but the horizontal kearning is terrible on each of these logos. Hope that gets fixed before the hand over.

Btw i'm designing my own logo at the moment, didn't have one before now. All the old design lectures I sat through at college are coming back to me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of them have "plumbing & heating" large enough

Substitute & for "and" to give Plumbing, heating more room

I'm thinking of this, but I might change the bottom text to the one on 2 above. What do you think?

ABH Logo1.jpg

The reason I made the larger text blue and the bottom red is it makes the plumbing and heating bit pop out more. With the ABH darker it draws the eye and over powers it.

Wouldn't use the typeface on sample 2. It's minging lol

Thanks for the tips, I've replaced 'and' and darkened the bottom.

From the ones below, I'm thinking of going for the first one as the others are too light or dark.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318498828937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318498828937.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 20
2 or 4

Best with the darker lettering

If it were me (just being picky) I would use less bold "ABH" (i.e. thinner lettering) to give more visibility to the plumbing and heating bit. There's a kind of design rule about the text to white space ratio you are supposed to keep below a certain percentage.

Last edited:
This latest one is too wishy-washy for me .. original number 2 is good because its simple and doesn't have unnecessary bits of visual tat like flames and water drops. All you need to say is who you are and what you do .. What you do being slightly more important. but of even more importance is how do people contact you ... not a sign of a phone number on any of them.

still full marks for the concept! 8 )

This latest one is too wishy-washy for me .. original number 2 is good because its simple and doesn't have unnecessary bits of visual tat like flames and water drops. All you need to say is who you are and what you do .. What you do being slightly more important. but of even more importance is how do people contact you ... not a sign of a phone number on any of them.

still full marks for the concept! 8 )

I didn't like Number 2 because you have to look closely at it to read what it is and it looks more suited to an IT company.

Phone Numbers change, so I think its best to have that separate from the main logo.

Nope we need a bloody miracle. Asking thousands of plumbers to agree on something is a very tall order!

Lol, yeah. I think I've compromised enough. I'm going to go for 2 from the new ones, but make the water drop slightly darker to match the text a bit better.

Might go for this, or is the blue too dark?

View attachment 3940

Try cyan for the blue. Text looks all "squished" up, especially the plumbing and heating. The whole thing looks condensed and needs "opened" up. Stretch it slightly on your PC and you'll see what I mean.
Not a fan of the water droplets, been used by many and far too often. Better to have a shape, e.g swirl or something that is unique to you and stands out.

4 and 5 are the best, the others are a bit bunched and couldn't quite read "plumbing and heating", reading ABH they might think you're a mobile disco or something.
I voted for 4 with the drops as it says what you do but I originally thought 5,
and as system3 pointed out drops have been done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Logo - What do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back