Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New Logo - What do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

anz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to get a website set up soon and I think I should have a professional logo to go with it. This will be used on all other promotional materials too. I've hired a company to design me a logo, they've come up with the following concepts.

What do you guys think?
Which one do you think is the best?
What would you change?

ABH Logo.jpg

I chose number five because its nice and simple. It will print well in black and white which is good if you dont want to fork out a fortune in coloured inks.

If you look at most's major companies they stick to very simple designs that standout.

I agree. I didn't look at them in order - I just sort of looked at the bunch and then my eyes were drawn to number 5, which says it all.

Yes 5 is the one.

When you say new logo is this to replace an existing one? I wouldn't like to change my logo now that everyone is used to it.

:punk:

1 looks "cool" which is irrelevant
2 and 3 you sort of don't want to look at.
4 is a close second but 5 is the best

I think no 2 looks the biz
but I am colour blind,short sighted and have extremely bad taste but still think no 2 is the one to go for
:vampire:

I think 5 is most unique and recognisable, I'd be happy with that one. If not then 4.

Company logos look great to spotty Oiks on Mac computers.

Some of your best customers will be elderly with poor eyesight!!

:thinking2:

Thanks for the opinions so far.

You've given me something to really think about.

Originally I was attracted to the third one, but it hasn't received any votes :(

After reading your comments I can see that it perhaps isn't the best.

I thought the fifth one looked a bit too simple and a bit old fashioned?

I want to do primarily Gas & Heating jobs, does the fifth one seem more suited to a plumber?

I think I might tell the designers to play about with numbers 4 and 5 and see what they come up with.

Its not replacing an old logo.

no 4 all day long, the gas and water logo's are very clever and compliment each other, i also like the font, nothing wrong with the others but the question is our favourite, or on second thoughts, no4 is rubbish dont use it, PS have you got them under copyright, i might want a new logo soon :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
it does not matter how cool you think it looks, it matters what your customers remember next time they need a plumber. I personally think a complicated fancy sign/sign written van sometimes spells money..... ie to expensive compared to the average plumber.

I like number 2. With the black back ground not only will it look good on your stationery but will look good on a white or a silver van. If you get it printed in 2 process colours of cyan (blue) and process black, it will be cheap to print on a litho press at a professional printers.

The others look good but will be more expensive to print as they will need to be printed in full colour (except number 5 if you have it printed in 2 process colours of magenta (a red colour) and process black. Number 5 can be printed in 2 spot colours (solid colours) of Red 032 and Pantone Black which will be slightly more expensive than process colour printing.

Full colour presses are set up with a minimum of 4 separate printing units which contain the 4 process colours of cyan, magenta, yellow and black. These 4 colours combined make full colour process printing that you get in magazines and newspapers etc. For spot colours to be used the press has to be "washed up" and have the ink replaced with solid colours which makes spot colour printing more expensive.

My advice to you as a former professional graphic designer and owner of a printing firm is to keep it simple, that's why number 2 appeals to me.

am i going mad?????????????
im sure i posted and then its here again, is this a duplicate thread?

@~@ me too and i am organising it!!!!!!!!!

STOP DOUBLE POSTING....

Sorry, I originally posted in The Arms and then realised not everyone will see it. I tried deleting the thread but couldn't see the option.

I think out of 4 and 5, I prefer 4. I'll see what it looks like in different fonts and colours, before deciding.

No 4, but reverse and darken the colours to make them stand out more,

Make the "plumbing and heating" text larger (after all, that's what you want people to notice)

i agree with whpes, the sizing of 'plumbing and heating is proportionally too small on all but number 5.
perhaps that is why (possibly subliminally) most people have suggested 5 as a favourite. if you increase the font size and ask again you may find people have a new fave!!!!

p.s they all look professional tho

do you reckon those "no tools kept in van overnight" signs make a blind bit of difference?

might even have the reverse effect. an unwritten van may have nothing in it at all. a sign that says no tool left in van at least proves at some point there definetly will be...

bit like "warning: dog. enter at own risk" signs. yeah, that'll put off a crow-bar wielding junkie.

These are the latest designs I've received, what do you think?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318416048701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318416048701.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 18
A cross between 1 and 2.
The typeface used for the 'ABH' of number two but in red with the typeface used for 'plumbing and heating' of number one.
The others are contemporary for their own sake which makes for an ugly, barely legible logo.
I'd also question the taste behind the choices of some of the typefaces. There are plenty of classy sans serif fonts that give a contemporary look without resorting to typefaces that wouldn't look out of place on the cover of a happy hardcore album from the 90s.

You need to stop worrying about whether it's dated. Your main concern is whether your customers will be able to easily read the logo.

I know these are mock ups but the horizontal kearning is terrible on each of these logos. Hope that gets fixed before the hand over.

Btw i'm designing my own logo at the moment, didn't have one before now. All the old design lectures I sat through at college are coming back to me lol.

None of them have "plumbing & heating" large enough

Substitute & for "and" to give Plumbing, heating more room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Logo - What do you think? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock