• Thread starter PlumbBobBob
  • Start date
  • Replies 91
  • Views 1K
  • job

Discuss new job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Steveb, I took a job a couple of weeks ago and its been really strange switching off at night, but its a good "strange". lol

Best of luck Steve not too many offer`s around at the moment way to go ....hope all goe`s well mate regards turnpin:hurray:

:smiley2:..hope everything works out as planned for you Steve..:yes:..:clap:

things are getting better, now been asked to start a week earlier :biggrin:

Saw this thread and thought oh no we've lost a good one. Thankfully you're new job is still being a plumber.
Good luck mate.
You will need to get used to working a lot faster than you're used to mate. That was an eye opener for me....i lost a stone in weight in 4 weeks :)

Wishing you all the best Steve, imagine starting and finishing at set times everyday?

Sheesh you won't have to, back to my imagination :)

At last you don't need to need the serious frown lines across the forehead, any problem over not enough fittings, job under priced, customer from hell are no longer yours :rockon2:

Have fun.

Who's the firm Steve? Just what you've described sounds a lot like what I've been promised by the firm I've been subbing to, 5 weeks later I'm still waiting for a phone lol

Good luck Steve! Hope it goes well mate? Who's it with?[/QUOTE
it's a new company called south coast plumbing and heating
Hampshire Plumbers - Home Page

basically the boss james used to be md of plumb bay his family business, but increasingly found it difficult working with his parents. after moving down to hampshire and opening another branch he increasingly found people wanted supply and fit not just supply and recommend a plumber. so he has gone into partnership with a local gs engineer and i am number three.

Good luck Steve! Hope it goes well mate? Who's it with?[/QUOTE
it's a new company called south coast plumbing and heating
Hampshire Plumbers - Home Page

basically the boss james used to be md of plumb bay his family business, but increasingly found it difficult working with his parents. after moving down to hampshire and opening another branch he increasingly found people wanted supply and fit not just supply and recommend a plumber. so he has gone into partnership with a local gs engineer and i am number three.

Number three, no. Your number one to us.

well that didn't last long! my three month trial lasted three weeks.

a couple of little mistakes put down to first week nerves and apparently not using my initiative enough, asking too many times what to do next. all pretty petty things. although i think i am better off out of it tbh. they are taking on too much work too soon and not allowing enough time to do a good job. the working day was supposed to be 8AM to 5PM out of the three weeks i finished at five about three times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock