Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)
  • Thread starter PlumbBobBob
  • Start date
  • Replies 91
  • Views 1K
  • job

Discuss new job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that mate.

From what you say though it does sound like you got out of a bad thing!

One door closes & another opens as they say.

Hope you find something soon.

Unfortunately it's saund like the HA work I have been doing ! In and out to much to do and they expect high quality of workman ship too ! It's possible but you must bee really fast and knowing the job really really well !
I just finished my self a two day heat only boiler change and valves and took me in total 16h labour , when I was on The HA I was doing 5/6 boilers a week ! Not sure how I was able to do it only 4months ago ! And if I get on a HA contract again it will be the same !
You/I /We are better of working for our selfs if we only had the work !!!

dont worry about it Steve you are better of working for your self !

cheers stan i know we are lol. like you say it's just the lack of jobs at the moment.

Sounds like your better off out of it.

The firm I first started at recently went bump. I left just as they started to take on more and more work but kept the same amount of blokes.

I did all my training/apprenticeship with them (3 years) and worked for them for 10 months once I qualified.

It was my dad who told me to look for another job as he said to me it'll only get worse.

I left and so did a fair few others. We spoke to some of the lads that where still there and they where run ragged and never finished at a decent time.

Eventually this type of management catches up with people and contracts don't get fulfilled and firms go under.

So it sounds to me like your on to a winner being laid off or whatever they decide to call it.

Plus, I don't understand this view that they thought you wasn't using your initiative by asked what job to do next? They sound like right idiots. What where you meant to do? Start making up jobs to do in people's homes?

Sod em mate :) you've got your van so you can just go back to working for yourself again.

Being on the books is pants anyway :)

welcome back to being self employed mate. Three weeks trial is a bit of a joke. Oh well, get delivering those leaflets

Unlucky mate. Sounds like a lucky escape, although to be honest that seems to be the norm with jobs on the cards these days. I'm close to returning to the self employed way of life. Getting the gear delivered at 2pm on a 1 day install! A lot to be said for being your own boss.

I'm the only boss I trust to get it right. Sure you'll land on your feet, skilled man an all!

Their loss is someone else's gain Stevo you got by before you can do it again welcome back mate regards turnpin:smilewinkgrin:

well i got my tools back today. they didn't even bother to knock the door or ring the bell, just left them in front of my van! luckily i was in or they could have disappeared. i saw them drive up but waited for them to knock but they never did. the thing is could have said on tuesday to put my tools in the van at the end of the day but left it to his business partner to bring a letter round later dispensing with my services.

By the sounds of it you're better off out of there Stevie. I don't think you'd have stuck with them for too long anyways. They're going going to get tarred with a reputation you don't want part of.

Their loss, not yours.

By the sounds of it you're better off out of there Stevie. I don't think you'd have stuck with them for too long anyways. They're going going to get tarred with a reputation you don't want part of.

Their loss, not yours.
exactly mate. i was going to jump sooner rather than later anyway so they did me a favour really.

Oven probably said this before. If I could find a decent job and company to work for I don't think I'd be self employed!

Oven probably said this before. If I could find a decent job and company to work for I don't think I'd be self employed!

Im seriously considering throwing this bloody I phone in the bin.

If its any consolation Steve I only lasted a month with the FM company I started with, I left last Friday cos they were possibly the worst outfit Ive worked for. Im starting a new job monday as maintenance engineer in a static site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock