Discuss need to see this new pipe straightener / new tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good looking tool. Can it straighten various diameters of soft drawn pipe? Is it adjustable? Reason I ask is it might have a place in the HVACR tool market. We use soft drawn sizes ranging for 1/8" to 7/8" in refrigeration installations and the larger sizes are a real pain to straighten. Another possibility is sell one mounted on a roll holder so when installing the guys can load the size of pipe they're using and pull off the required lengths through you device. Maybe a more robust option would be necessary for sizes over half inch.

If you send me one I'll take it around some of the South African HVAC national suppliers for comments and to test the water.

If it had come to the market 10 years ago, it may have made some money. Well done to the creator, but times have moved on, you are too late.

Does anyone actually use microbore these days on heating installs?

Well, there are a few different types of wall. Why are you explicitly using 10mm for a solid brick wall?

because thats what the customer has requested. Specific use of copper and removal of all plastic from the system. Its a old property and has a mish mash of materials with an external boiler house and no system controls at all. I think theres some older hep2o installed which is an accident waiting to happen. The only thing staying is the rads with new valves.

they also have had rodent problems in the loft where alot of the pipework is going to go.

They have a rodent problem? You are happy to do an install when there is a chance of a rodent infestation?

I understand requests, but they do not know better than us, is the plastic no good for use?

well they have caught a few in the loft spaces in the past year or two and the loft has traps so we best take care :). The customer does not want any plastic pipe and i would not use it in this instance anyway because fittings are to big for pipe routes. half the floor has joists only 125 high so we cant run in them, so alot of surface running which will be skirting boxed which is how alot of its run already. The house layout is different heights and shapes and nothing is straight forward.

i know exactly how good plastic can be in suitable situations, i have first fixed hundreds and hundreds of new build with plastic, from standard 3 beds to huge multi million pound house's and plastic was the only option with the joist system and wall types but its not suitable for alot of my current work either due to contract spec or installation needs.

Last edited:
Im yet to meet a single customer that is happy with having push fit. They always want copper and i mainly use 10mm copper for radiators. Never had a single problem with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need to see this new pipe straightener / new tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back