Search the forum,

Discuss need to see this new pipe straightener / new tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the pegler one on their website yesterday but couldn't find it listed anywhere for sale though.

And [DLMURL="http://www.nljdirect.co.uk/yorkshire-142mm-8mm-10mm-tube-strightraightener-71082.html"]here[/DLMURL] is the 8/10mm one Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I am the fat lad in the vidieo (thanks lbrad02) I have been working on this tool for over 5years, it work a dream and is easy to use. It will do all sizes of pipe and the plastic coated pipe to.

Hi all, I am the fat lad in the vidieo (thanks lbrad02) I have been working on this tool for over 5years, it work a dream and is easy to use. It will do all sizes of pipe and the plastic coated pipe to.
Hi Matpipe, I think you have done a fantastic job on the tool and i am impressed as i have never seen one before, Ps you are not fat mate

Aesthetics are not part of the brief with council housing, not round here anyway. For instance, we are plumbing in hundreds of electric showers at the minute, the housing officer will not allow any channeling, the cable is surface run from the CU in conduit and then chrome piped.

It doesn't really matter what the tenants think of it.

its called a need for future replacement and maintenence. Most council contracts have it written in the design specification that all pipes,fixtures etc... can be easily repair or replaced. There own maintenence engineers are normally multi trades that do compression only plumbing.

hi mate, i think anybody who has ever installed long runs,drops in 10mm copper could identify what a pain it can be to straighten out the pipe. The tool looks very good, congratulations. Now if you can get it in the market place for a decent price i can see it selling, and i would be interested.

if your confident in the tool you could maybe let a few members try it out and post reviews? (we will send it back honest;) ) maybe if anybody has a simular type of tool they could compare them against each other??

hi mate, i think anybody who has ever installed long runs,drops in 10mm copper could identify what a pain it can be to straighten out the pipe. The tool looks very good, congratulations. Now if you can get it in the market place for a decent price i can see it selling, and i would be interested.

if your confident in the tool you could maybe let a few members try it out and post reviews? (we will send it back honest;) ) maybe if anybody has a simular type of tool they could compare them against each other??
Thanks for for great comments. I have 25 samples being sent to me, I will see what I can do.
Matty

Can i ask, why would you ever bother running long microbore runs, that are visible? I can not see a positive reason for doing it, it costs more, takes more time to install and then is much more susceptible to damage once it is there.

I honestly do not think a tool like this, can ever pay for itself.

For Ā£10-15 (Like the pegler version above) I would buy one, just to make the small amount of 10mm I do look neater, for Ā£30 it would stay on the shelf.

Can i ask, why would you ever bother running long microbore runs, that are visible? I can not see a positive reason for doing it, it costs more, takes more time to install and then is much more susceptible to damage once it is there.

If I had the means to straighten micro bore, I would, regardless of whether it was on show or not. In walls, behind units, under floors, whatever, I would still love to be able to straighten the pipe.

I think it looks like a top piece of kit mate, and I would use it. Only thing is, there's a lot more important tools to buy that cost 30 quid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If I had the means to straighten micro bore, I would, regardless of whether it was on show or not. In walls, behind units, under floors, whatever, I would still love to be able to straighten the pipe.

Don't you feel you would just be wasting your time and costing yourself money? If you work for somebody, i am quite confident they would tell you to cut it out or get off the job.

I work for myself and I'm quite anal about the way things look, even when I know they'll be hidden. Also I think it would save time when threading through holes etc, as it won't be catching on stuff cos it's bent. Each to their own I guess but personally I see this as being quicker than straightening out by hand, with better results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just different techniques of doing things i suppose. The only reason i ever use 10mm is to bend it round skirting or if in spec, to drop it down behind dry lining, if i ever had the need to do a long run it would be in PB and would never require me to need it straight.

Looks like a good little tool. Maybe a bit of a gadget and not vital toolbox fodder, but it certainly looks like it works.

I don't think I'd pay Ā£30 for it. If it was a tenner, I'd chuck one in the tool box for the sake of it. Ā£30 is too much in my opinion, but then your friend may have ploughed every penny he had, and borrowed some to boot just to bring this to market. In which case I'd be concerned for him!

Dragons Den maybe?!

we all have our own idea's and standards of work. Me personally weather its behind plaster board, under a floor or surface run i would try my best to straighten the pipe. Straight 10mm is easier to clip, easier to tape up, easier to bend, generally easier to install. Ive fitted hundreds of radiators in 10mm copper, mostly behind plaster or in studwork and i always straighten the pipework as best i can.

i didnt even mention visable pipework. I would straighten 10mm drops in walls,plaster, under the floor and so on.

I'm with most of the others on this one, I've piped up 100's of rads for for various councils in 10mm copper, and I still like to be neat in my work, this looks like an excellent tool that you can just carry in the toolbox, unfortunately though I wouldn't pay Ā£30, if I saw it on the shelf tagged at around Ā£10 Ā£15 I would deffinatly buy one! well done mate, nice job!

Will it do 16mm multilayer pipe I could see a use for it straightening that type of pipe might be worth speaking to uponor if they could market it in europe you could be on to a winner!

It's a good looking tool. Can it straighten various diameters of soft drawn pipe? Is it adjustable? Reason I ask is it might have a place in the HVACR tool market. We use soft drawn sizes ranging for 1/8" to 7/8" in refrigeration installations and the larger sizes are a real pain to straighten. Another possibility is sell one mounted on a roll holder so when installing the guys can load the size of pipe they're using and pull off the required lengths through you device. Maybe a more robust option would be necessary for sizes over half inch.

If you send me one I'll take it around some of the South African HVAC national suppliers for comments and to test the water.

If it had come to the market 10 years ago, it may have made some money. Well done to the creator, but times have moved on, you are too late.

Does anyone actually use microbore these days on heating installs?

Well, there are a few different types of wall. Why are you explicitly using 10mm for a solid brick wall?

because thats what the customer has requested. Specific use of copper and removal of all plastic from the system. Its a old property and has a mish mash of materials with an external boiler house and no system controls at all. I think theres some older hep2o installed which is an accident waiting to happen. The only thing staying is the rads with new valves.

they also have had rodent problems in the loft where alot of the pipework is going to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need to see this new pipe straightener / new tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock