Search the forum,

Discuss My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bumping this thread because the bump is moving if you know what I mean.

Our first is due to drop on New Year's Eve but could be any time between now and then, so excited and can't wait! Still don't know if it's a boy or a girl.

The missus is on maternity leave now which means I have to answer the phone and go outside and work but I really can't wait for the big day.

I'm bumping this thread because the bump is moving if you know what I mean.

Our first is due to drop on New Year's Eve but could be any time between now and then, so excited and can't wait! Still don't know if it's a boy or a girl.

The missus is on maternity leave now which means I have to answer the phone and go outside and work but I really can't wait for the big day.

Good luck! And enjoy lots of sleep before big event!

do remember she isnt a cow, woman give birth and no matter what the outcome looks like, its beautiful!!, the monkey looks and squashed red face does get better, once she gets her make up on :) have a great xmas its going to change your life :)

Good luck! And enjoy lots of sleep before big event!
Yeah, it's going to hit me like a roll of lead isn't it? No idea what life will be like in a few weeks but I'm still looking forward to it. Feels like my life is about to begin for real. Cheers!

Best feeling in the world being a dad! DONT TRUST Him / her they are very deceitful. Fist few days you think agh...... Not that bad. Then boom. Only sleeps until u get to the front door. Your mrs looks like a monotone zombie and your a wreck. But it's worth every smelly nappie!

Had my first 13 months ago, a boy called Morgan and got another one on the way. My Mrs said she's getting me a vasectomy for Christmas ! My life has completely changed since Morgan arrived and I wouldn't change it one bit...he's my world. Good luck mate it's truly amazing.

Good luck Keefy to your partner. Special moments in life and this will be one of the best.

Yeah, it's going to hit me like a roll of lead isn't it? No idea what life will be like in a few weeks but I'm still looking forward to it. Feels like my life is about to begin for real. Cheers!

It really is the most amazing thing in the world. At first you are like whoooooaaaa how will we cope if we can't even sleep.

But after a little while you realise that life is the exact same other than you have a little person to bring along with you in your life.

Best of luck pal

Some of mine and the missus' mates' kids have left school now. 16 years of selfishness between us though and we enjoyed every bit of it. When people down the local heard the news they admitted they'd secretly begun to think I was a jaffa - means shooting blanks apparently.

Don't mean to bore everyone but it does have me excited - except the bit where her sister (a midwife) comes to stay with us after Christmas. :rolleyes2: Not to mention another relative being the 'Patient Experience Manager' at the hospital we've been attending.

It makes you realise why we are here.
By far the best thing you will ever experience.

hope all goes well.

One thing you'll find out is that everyone's an expert.

Don't listen to them.

And don't be afraid to cry. You'll want to.

Enjoy your wee one - he or she will be choosing your nursing home.

Some of mine and the missus' mates' kids have left school now. 16 years of selfishness between us though and we enjoyed every bit of it. When people down the local heard the news they admitted they'd secretly begun to think I was a jaffa - means shooting blanks apparently.

Don't mean to bore everyone but it does have me excited - except the bit where her sister (a midwife) comes to stay with us after Christmas. :rolleyes2: Not to mention another relative being the 'Patient Experience Manager' at the hospital we've been attending.

You aren't boring us with your pride and excitement, enjoy every minute of it, the good and the bad, it's all part of the most fantastic thing of being a parent

Don't listen to them.

I wear contact lenses most of the time and have already told the missus to make sure I pack my eyeglasses just in case I cry and lose a lense. Been to every hospital appointment to date and will probably hold the baby skin-to-skin when it arrives too. It's already in the birth plan that I'm cutting the cord. Want to be there every step of the journey, even got my new clothes on standby so I don't look a meff on the photos. ;)

Don't listen to them.

Dead right. Everyone wants to give you baby advice because their brothers dogs best friends tv had a kid.

But every kid is different. And you gotta tell ppl to back off and that you will do it your way. You just have to get stuck in. Make a few mistakes (not serious ones) and all will be fine.

After having my lil girl (she's 15 months now) I love to hear about other people having kids. Because I know how much joy they bring into your life.

When my little girl Indy Rey Warnock was born, I held her while the midwives took laura away to be cleaned up (it really is a messy affair ).

So I was holding Indy, and I just welled up and started blubbering like a baby. I was soaking her in my tears.

It's just that in an instant you fall in love. Not the love like you love your Missus. It's deeper. Like all of a sudden there is a person with you who you would die for without a second thought.

So don't worry about boring us. Ill keep an eye out for this thread popping up again soon with some good news

Dead right. Everyone wants to give you baby advice because their brothers dogs best friends tv had a kid.

But every kid is different. And you gotta tell ppl to back off and that you will do it your way. You just have to get stuck in. Make a few mistakes (not serious ones) and all will be fine.

After having my lil girl (she's 15 months now) I love to hear about other people having kids. Because I know how much joy they bring into your life.

When my little girl Indy Rey Warnock was born, I held her while the midwives took laura away to be cleaned up (it really is a messy affair ).

So I was holding Indy, and I just welled up and started blubbering like a baby. I was soaking her in my tears.

It's just that in an instant you fall in love. Not the love like you love your Missus. It's deeper. Like all of a sudden there is a person with you who you would die for without a second thought.

So don't worry about boring us. Ill keep an eye out for this thread popping up again soon with some good news

Thanks, already told the community midwife to **** off, interfering cow, the baby is ours not the state's.

It's true. People will do your nut in with crap advice. Don't listen. Even the health workers etc, they don't know you, or your baby, and their advice is always contradictory. Last years "rules" are totally different to this years - it's all rubbish.

Don't be upset if your birth doesn't go to plan, its one of those things that women over think and get all uppity about - it means nothing once you're back at home. Take a couple of pillows to hospital, one for your head and one for your arse.

Finally, ENJOY. I won't tell you it's hard, or how little you'll sleep, cos tbh, I've never found it hard and I've had about 10 sleepless nights in the past 11 months. She fills me with joy and happiness i never knew existed every time I see her little face smile, or she learns something new, or she cuddles into me. It's the best feeling ever.

Congratulations dude.

What happens in this thread stays in this thread yeah!!

I've got a hard man reputation to protect!!

:)

What happens in this thread stays in this thread yeah!!

I've got a hard man reputation to protect!!

:)
Don't consider myself particularly hard, 8 or 9 months ago maybe... ;)

Cheers mate and that ^ sounds like good advice.

It is. She'll get treated like some terrifying demonic ruler, and you're the **** on her shoe. You get NOTHING, except a ludicrously uncomfortable chair.

*disclaimer* not all hospitals included in this sweeping generalisation.

Hope it's born on Christmas day so we don't have to buy two lots of presents during the year.

My son was born on 23rd of Dec last year and my wife has the 25th as her birthday. Believe me the 1 present thing doesnt fly. Congrats Keefy. My life certainly changed when my son arrived. Lots will change but given the joy I feel when im with my boy it is all worth it.

It's not only the crap advice that you get it's also the books that tell you how to do it to. As has been said you can read but your bairn can't!
Also then there's the competiveness of other people telling you that there one is do this and that, so what each bairns different and will do it at there own pace, don't worry about that.
enjoy the time with the wee one when it arrives, it is a special time.

Best of luck mate, and enjoy every minute of it. Being a dad is the biggest adventure you'll ever have!

Thanks all. I made an error a few posts back where I said I told the community midwife to **** off. Actually meant to say community care worker.

The crap that came out of her mouth was astonishingly offensive to me, when she got to the bit about us needing a fireguard in front of the fire I kicked her out. She wasn't even invited round, she just turned up and began rambling on to the missus about how they like you to look after your child, very condescending at times and all the while with her back turned to me.

Asking if either of us had any alcohol or drug problems too while ticking boxes on her paperwork. I was absolutely furious at her and she probably noted that down too.

Correction again sorry; 'health visitor'.

tell you now, all this rubbish about how to bring a child up by following what is written on a piece of paper is rubbish. its all to do with natural instincts and common sense. I had whiskey rubbed in my gums as a youngster and turn out fine (just) but mention that to the health visitor and i bet you get a red mark on her bit of paper. We had friends who refused to buy baby monitors as they didnt want to be at the babies beck and call once it had gone to bed they would regularly check on him of course. The manufacturers should provide instructions for everything man made and you and your missus are that manufacturer ;)

Health visitor came to my house after Indy was born. There was a smashed up zafira on the driveway.

She asked. Was the baby in the car when it crashed.

I felt like saying, we crashed because the baby was driving!!

The answer is no by the way lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock