Discuss My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
The missus just told me she's pregnant.

She came in before and told me she'd been to see a doctor and had this look on her face I couldn't figure out, I really thought she was about to give me bad news of the worst kind then she told me she's pregnant. I just went from having the worst possible feeling to the biggest high of my life in an instant. This will be our first child, we're both ecstatic but stunned at the same time.

We've decided not to tell anyone for a day or two yet because we need to let ourselves take it all in first. Although I'm over the moon I'm not looking forward to the attention it's going to bring from both our families. Really can't think straight at the moment, I feel I should be celebrating but we're kind of stunned if you know what I mean, our minds are overloaded with it all.

Congrats! Keefy thats great news and i hope it all goes well!!

Now if you get jealous of everyone rubbing her bump and telling her well done.

a pair of forum members will happily tickle your balls and and say well done too!!

Great news Keefy! Your balls still work mate!!

Apparently so, it's strange that everyone recently stopped getting on our backs asking us when we're going to have kids. I think they stopped asking because they presumed I must be shooting blanks and didn't want to push the issue.

Not decided to tell anyone then :yes:

Well it's not really public in the 'Arms, I feel like a naughty boy wondering how I'm going to tell my parents.

Do as my mate did buy one of those baby on board stickers for the car stick it on the missus belly then go round there

Wahey! Many congratulations mate! Gonna be the biggest adventure of your life. Nothing, I mean nothing even comes close to the elation, and fear and excitement and joy of becoming a parent. Wish you and your missus all the very best.

Congrats, I know how you feel, I am due my fourth in less than 5 weeks.
Enjoy this time and my only advice is don't listen to anyone's advice, you will figure it out as you go along

Congratulations my old son! You think you're smiling inanely now, you wait until the little one's born, you'll be grinning for a week!

You will also, for the very first time in your life, discover what true and unconditional love is. Everything else is just warming you up to that moment!

Wahey! Many congratulations mate! Gonna be the biggest adventure of your life. Nothing, I mean nothing even comes close to the elation, and fear and excitement and joy of becoming a parent. Wish you and your missus all the very best.

I'm going through all those feelings right now, it's slowly, slowly beginning to sink in. Cheers. :)

Congrats, I know how you feel, I am due my fourth in less than 5 weeks.
Enjoy this time and my only advice is don't listen to anyone's advice, you will figure it out as you go along

4th? Blummin' 'ell, congrats mate! As for others and their advice, it's telling her sister who's a midwife that I dread telling. Good job she's down in Kent lol. Just realised, the rough date we've been given is January 20th which is our niece's birthday (the midwife's daughter).

And cheers to the lot of you for the nice and encouraging words. :)

Congratulations my old son! You think you're smiling inanely now, you wait until the little one's born, you'll be grinning for a week!

You will also, for the very first time in your life, discover what true and unconditional love is. Everything else is just warming you up to that moment!

Summed it up great
Well done keefy & mrs keefy of course

Congrats mate. Bet you cry like a girl at the delivery, I know I did, both times
I probably will to be honest, just hope I don't start wailing uncontrollably and doing a Rodney Trotter - "It's a baby!"

..:gorgeous:....:tt1:...:flowers:...:gorgeous:...:love:...:ihih:...:whatchutalkingabout...:uhoh2:...:willy_nilly:...:hurray:

excellent news mate. wishing you and your mrs every happiness when your new addition arrives.

Well done mate :)

better start handing out more flyers...

Did have plans for turning the spare room into a proper office but that idea's gone down the pan. Even though things could be busier I don't regret going self employed, gives me all the more reason to work hard at it. More door to door leaflet dropping on the way!

Congrats to you both, just always remember that first look when they are born, and try to remember that feeling when they pop toast into the dvd player, draw lines going up the stairs or reverse the car into a wall!.. Seriously though, enjoy the moments as they are the best in any parents lives.

I thought you were a virgin ?

Well done keefy you non blank firing stud ! Tell the mrs congrats ! My niece was born 5 weeks ago and my brother told me also npt to listen to everyones advice it confuses you ! Just do your own thing you will find out what makes him/her stop crying what soothes them etc !

Well done pal ! Get that overtime in your overheads has just increased !

Congrats to you both, just always remember that first look when they are born, and try to remember that feeling when they pop toast into the dvd player, draw lines going up the stairs or reverse the car into a wall!.. Seriously though, enjoy the moments as they are the best in any parents lives.

Ha cheers mate, hadn't thought of the inevitable drawing on the wall and putting toast etc in the DVD player 'so they can see it on the telly'. I'll have to get a grip of my OCD and pet hate of sticky fingers touching my stuff.

The missus just told me she's pregnant.

She came in before and told me she'd been to see a doctor and had this look on her face I couldn't figure out, I really thought she was about to give me bad news of the worst kind then she told me she's pregnant. I just went from having the worst possible feeling to the biggest high of my life in an instant. This will be our first child, we're both ecstatic but stunned at the same time.

We've decided not to tell anyone for a day or two yet because we need to let ourselves take it all in first. Although I'm over the moon I'm not looking forward to the attention it's going to bring from both our families. Really can't think straight at the moment, I feel I should be celebrating but we're kind of stunned if you know what I mean, our minds are overloaded with it all.

Well in fella!

He shoots he scores!

well done, don't miss the birth it will be the best day of your life nothing even comes close.

never cried with my first one just on cloud 9, was sobbing to myself with the second.

well done, don't miss the birth it will be the best day of your life nothing even comes close.

^^^^what he said.

And congratulations - you have an emotional rollercoaster ahead, but the highs are just brilliant.

My daughter is 22 now, and I still get a silly grin on my face just thinking about the day she was born.

Good luck, and congrats to you and Mrs K.

I'm bumping this thread because the bump is moving if you know what I mean.

Our first is due to drop on New Year's Eve but could be any time between now and then, so excited and can't wait! Still don't know if it's a boy or a girl.

The missus is on maternity leave now which means I have to answer the phone and go outside and work but I really can't wait for the big day.

I'm bumping this thread because the bump is moving if you know what I mean.

Our first is due to drop on New Year's Eve but could be any time between now and then, so excited and can't wait! Still don't know if it's a boy or a girl.

The missus is on maternity leave now which means I have to answer the phone and go outside and work but I really can't wait for the big day.

Good luck! And enjoy lots of sleep before big event!

do remember she isnt a cow, woman give birth and no matter what the outcome looks like, its beautiful!!, the monkey looks and squashed red face does get better, once she gets her make up on :) have a great xmas its going to change your life :)

Good luck! And enjoy lots of sleep before big event!
Yeah, it's going to hit me like a roll of lead isn't it? No idea what life will be like in a few weeks but I'm still looking forward to it. Feels like my life is about to begin for real. Cheers!

Best feeling in the world being a dad! DONT TRUST Him / her they are very deceitful. Fist few days you think agh...... Not that bad. Then boom. Only sleeps until u get to the front door. Your mrs looks like a monotone zombie and your a wreck. But it's worth every smelly nappie!

Had my first 13 months ago, a boy called Morgan and got another one on the way. My Mrs said she's getting me a vasectomy for Christmas ! My life has completely changed since Morgan arrived and I wouldn't change it one bit...he's my world. Good luck mate it's truly amazing.

Good luck Keefy to your partner. Special moments in life and this will be one of the best.

Yeah, it's going to hit me like a roll of lead isn't it? No idea what life will be like in a few weeks but I'm still looking forward to it. Feels like my life is about to begin for real. Cheers!

It really is the most amazing thing in the world. At first you are like whoooooaaaa how will we cope if we can't even sleep.

But after a little while you realise that life is the exact same other than you have a little person to bring along with you in your life.

Best of luck pal

Some of mine and the missus' mates' kids have left school now. 16 years of selfishness between us though and we enjoyed every bit of it. When people down the local heard the news they admitted they'd secretly begun to think I was a jaffa - means shooting blanks apparently.

Don't mean to bore everyone but it does have me excited - except the bit where her sister (a midwife) comes to stay with us after Christmas. :rolleyes2: Not to mention another relative being the 'Patient Experience Manager' at the hospital we've been attending.

It makes you realise why we are here.
By far the best thing you will ever experience.

hope all goes well.

One thing you'll find out is that everyone's an expert.

Don't listen to them.

And don't be afraid to cry. You'll want to.

Enjoy your wee one - he or she will be choosing your nursing home.

Some of mine and the missus' mates' kids have left school now. 16 years of selfishness between us though and we enjoyed every bit of it. When people down the local heard the news they admitted they'd secretly begun to think I was a jaffa - means shooting blanks apparently.

Don't mean to bore everyone but it does have me excited - except the bit where her sister (a midwife) comes to stay with us after Christmas. :rolleyes2: Not to mention another relative being the 'Patient Experience Manager' at the hospital we've been attending.

You aren't boring us with your pride and excitement, enjoy every minute of it, the good and the bad, it's all part of the most fantastic thing of being a parent

Don't listen to them.

I wear contact lenses most of the time and have already told the missus to make sure I pack my eyeglasses just in case I cry and lose a lense. Been to every hospital appointment to date and will probably hold the baby skin-to-skin when it arrives too. It's already in the birth plan that I'm cutting the cord. Want to be there every step of the journey, even got my new clothes on standby so I don't look a meff on the photos. ;)

Don't listen to them.

Dead right. Everyone wants to give you baby advice because their brothers dogs best friends tv had a kid.

But every kid is different. And you gotta tell ppl to back off and that you will do it your way. You just have to get stuck in. Make a few mistakes (not serious ones) and all will be fine.

After having my lil girl (she's 15 months now) I love to hear about other people having kids. Because I know how much joy they bring into your life.

When my little girl Indy Rey Warnock was born, I held her while the midwives took laura away to be cleaned up (it really is a messy affair ).

So I was holding Indy, and I just welled up and started blubbering like a baby. I was soaking her in my tears.

It's just that in an instant you fall in love. Not the love like you love your Missus. It's deeper. Like all of a sudden there is a person with you who you would die for without a second thought.

So don't worry about boring us. Ill keep an eye out for this thread popping up again soon with some good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Our master bath shower had two shower heads. One was leaking/dripping so our plumber changed both cartridges since he was already there. That...
Replies
Views
DianaCali
D
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this is an old question but here goes. I'm looking for some advice regarding switching from a conventional boiler to a combi. I moved...
Replies
Views
Back