Discuss Mixing metals on compression fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Annoyingly I have used a copper nut on a steel isolation valve and the corresponding steel nut on a compression copper fitting (15mm). Should I dismantle and redo? I will have to buy a length of plastic pipe and new olives as well as drain system. Or will it be OK?

The fitting was from screwfix described as brass, steel and plastic.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/c/heati...p=managedredirect-_-plumbing-_-isolatingvalve

I attach two photos. Thanks for help so far
IMG_20190604_074236.jpg
IMG_20190604_074257.jpg

The ones with the extra blue o ring eg the super seal ones ?

Reply to Mixing metals on compression fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm considering fitting an isolator valve to 15mm feed to my toliet cistern. It would require cutting off an existing compression fitting...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
I have Honeywell Valencia TRVs 10mm pipe size, I’m making mods to accommodate larger rads and it looks like the 10mm compression insert is special...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock