Discuss Mixer shower recommendations (mid range)? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
For the guys doing a lot of bathroom work. What dual mixer showers would you recommend?
I don’t think the budget reaches to the Grohe stuff but also want something that’s not going to need new cartridges every 5 minutes.
Cheers

exposed or concealed?

For bar mixers my go to would be Hansgrohe for concealed I really like Vado
Sorry it’s a bar mixer.

The fact the customer was enquiring what screwfix have, tells me they aren’t budgeting for a Hansgrohe lol.

Yes I’ve fitted a load of Vado stuff on an apartment build but again they’re quite pricey aren’t they? These were concealed showers though

Hansgrohe bar mixers aren't massively expensive, I feel I could easily talk the customer into the cost difference on the basis that its top of the line, almost faultless and with a really good back up. Even more so if you're doing drencher heads which means holes in tiles for fixings meaning you don't want to be replacing it in a few years when it inevitably fails.

I once fitted a cheap screwfix kitchen tap for a customer who wanted to save money and it failed just after the 12 months warranty. Never again will I talk customers into brassware which isn't well branded.

I struggle now that the retailers 'brand' the brass wear. It used to mean something now its just a ploy to make them fit in with the proper brands so uninformed consumers cant tell.
If they have a company website on page 1, glossy looking brochures/pdf's with schematics then they're proper - otherwise it's pot luck.

I love a well spec'd sink and tap combo where the reach and hight are just right and the water hits the plug😘👌
(Maybe it's just me tho)

Hansgrohe bar mixers aren't massively expensive, I feel I could easily talk the customer into the cost difference on the basis that its top of the line, almost faultless and with a really good back up. Even more so if you're doing drencher heads which means holes in tiles for fixings meaning you don't want to be replacing it in a few years when it inevitably fails.

I once fitted a cheap screwfix kitchen tap for a customer who wanted to save money and it failed just after the 12 months warranty. Never again will I talk customers into brassware which isn't well branded.
I completely agree.

Unfortunately not all customers seem to have the Grohe budget.

As an example they sent me a link to a Mira which was £189 on offer, which tells me there budget doesn’t cover £499 for the Hansgrohe lol

I did suggest the £419 Hansgrohe and I haven’t heard back.

Reply to Mixer shower recommendations (mid range)? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
I installed Jaquar Fusion thermostatic bath shower mixers during a conversion in 2007. I let the properties out. They have lasted pretty well with...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock