Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer shower recommendations (mid range)? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
For the guys doing a lot of bathroom work. What dual mixer showers would you recommend?
I don’t think the budget reaches to the Grohe stuff but also want something that’s not going to need new cartridges every 5 minutes.
Cheers

exposed or concealed?

For bar mixers my go to would be Hansgrohe for concealed I really like Vado
Sorry it’s a bar mixer.

The fact the customer was enquiring what screwfix have, tells me they aren’t budgeting for a Hansgrohe lol.

Yes I’ve fitted a load of Vado stuff on an apartment build but again they’re quite pricey aren’t they? These were concealed showers though

Hansgrohe bar mixers aren't massively expensive, I feel I could easily talk the customer into the cost difference on the basis that its top of the line, almost faultless and with a really good back up. Even more so if you're doing drencher heads which means holes in tiles for fixings meaning you don't want to be replacing it in a few years when it inevitably fails.

I once fitted a cheap screwfix kitchen tap for a customer who wanted to save money and it failed just after the 12 months warranty. Never again will I talk customers into brassware which isn't well branded.

I struggle now that the retailers 'brand' the brass wear. It used to mean something now its just a ploy to make them fit in with the proper brands so uninformed consumers cant tell.
If they have a company website on page 1, glossy looking brochures/pdf's with schematics then they're proper - otherwise it's pot luck.

I love a well spec'd sink and tap combo where the reach and hight are just right and the water hits the plug😘👌
(Maybe it's just me tho)

Hansgrohe bar mixers aren't massively expensive, I feel I could easily talk the customer into the cost difference on the basis that its top of the line, almost faultless and with a really good back up. Even more so if you're doing drencher heads which means holes in tiles for fixings meaning you don't want to be replacing it in a few years when it inevitably fails.

I once fitted a cheap screwfix kitchen tap for a customer who wanted to save money and it failed just after the 12 months warranty. Never again will I talk customers into brassware which isn't well branded.
I completely agree.

Unfortunately not all customers seem to have the Grohe budget.

As an example they sent me a link to a Mira which was £189 on offer, which tells me there budget doesn’t cover £499 for the Hansgrohe lol

I did suggest the £419 Hansgrohe and I haven’t heard back.

Reply to Mixer shower recommendations (mid range)? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock