Search the forum,

Discuss MagnaCleanse And Microbore Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Hi I am considering getting a MagnaCleanse as I have had a quote for a boiler replacement accepted on the condition it is flushed using one.
The worry I have is using the vibrating hammer thing that comes with it on rads on microbore systems, as I have visions of it dislodging lumps of muck that then get stuck in the first inaccessible bend or kink in the pipe!
Any thought or experiences ?
Thanks Dave.

then get some other quotes with just a chemical clean.

is the current set up badly sludged up, radiator's cold at bottom etc

then get some other quotes with just a chemical clean.

is the current set up badly sludged up, radiator's cold at bottom etc

Hes a plumber.

get a disclaimer of the issues.

or you could say you will leave it on with the chemicals for a few days and not use the hammer.
explain the high risk of blocking the pipework if you do.

no waiver, no work :)

Sorry probably didnt make myself clear I am the one one who will be fitting the boiler and the customer is the one who wants it flused with the MagnaCleanse, this system is 22/15mm so no problem there. But if I buy one then obviously I will want to use it on othere jobs some of which are microbore.

i just spent 3 minutes typing the same post as killy bing!! lol...but Good advice there whack some cleaner in for a few days and check the bottom of rads for heat as he says.

Hi DJB

You might like to sign up to the Adey Installers club - they are offering quite a nice incentive to buy a machine.

And don't buy one without dropping me a PM first - assuming that you are a genuine tradesman, which I am guessing you are. We think we have the best deal around on Magnacleanse.

As for your question - I will have to leave that to the techie guys. If you use the search box, you will see plenty of talk about the magnacleanse machine, but I dont remember anything about the specific question you ask.

Ray

ADEY said this when I asked them the same question "Yes the unit does work with Microbore pipes – granted, it takes a little more time but it is possible and works effectively."

Well if that comes in writting they will be paying for any repairs or extra time incured on the job.....i dont think. Id still stick with a clean first.

We use it with micro all the time due to fact that pf bursts manifolds . 1/2 fill system (don't bleed) loads of x800 and two days later use hammer. Sludge usually in nice small bits.

Sorry if I wasn't clear yes I would be fitting the boiler and its on 22/15mm so no problem there, I was just thnking of the future as theres a lot of micrbore around here. I have read a lot of the threats on here about them and they seem generally very positive but have never used one myself. My local TP branch has one they ordered in error that they will let me have for £350 inc vat which sounds like a bargain so I think I'll go for it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear yes I would be fitting the boiler and its on 22/15mm so no problem there, I was just thnking of the future as theres a lot of micrbore around here. I have read a lot of the threats on here about them and they seem generally very positive but have never used one myself. My local TP branch has one they ordered in error that they will let me have for £350 inc vat which sounds like a bargain so I think I'll go for it.

If that is the full Mack01* pack and includes VAT, its a bargain, and you should bite their hand off. If its just the machine on its own, its a rubbish price and you should drop me a PM.

But still log onto the Adey installer club - you will be glad you did.

*Mack01 pack includes the vibra-thingy, a valve adaptor set and the demo-jar in addition to the basic machine.

If that is the full Mack01* pack and includes VAT, its a bargain, and you should bite their hand off. If its just the machine on its own, its a rubbish price and you should drop me a PM.

But still log onto the Adey installer club - you will be glad you did.

*Mack01 pack includes the vibra-thingy, a valve adaptor set and the demo-jar in addition to the basic machine.
[/QUOTE

They say it the full kit but they want shot of it as its dead stock, so I think I will go for it. Just signed up for the installer's club, thanks for the heads up.

You're such a tease ray drawing them in. You should be a rep for ADEY too on commission

Hmmm you make a good point. But ADEY deal is free. No good to merchants and to be fair your price on the magnacleanse is ridiculously cheap compared to some. Are you selling yourselves short my man :wink:

Hmmm you make a good point. But ADEY deal is free. No good to merchants and to be fair your price on the magnacleanse is ridiculously cheap compared to some. Are you selling yourselves short my man :wink:

True enough about the Adey deal, but they are a good supplier, so I don't mind boosting their installer club. I scratch their back...

The price thing is just about volume and commitment. I was staggered to see that a merchant had "ordered one in by mistake". ONE? As a merchant, you can't expect a decent price ordering one.

to be fair your price on the magnacleanse is ridiculously cheap compared to some. Are you selling yourselves short my man :wink:

Why is it that people only tell me we are ridiculously cheap just AFTER they buy the item in question? :)

I'm a sucker for researching prices on tools and rarely do you let us down ray

best to remove the rads and flush them outside on a hose when micro bore is concerned (after youve had a good cleaner in). Even with a powerflush machine you cant get a great flow rate through microbore to move sludge and you risk moving the sludge to a point in the pipework that is restricted and will block up.

all depends on how much time you have to do the job.

Funny old world. We've just had a pile delivered today that blotted out the sun, and another merchant considers ONE to be "dead stock".

But you get a blinding deal, so happy days!

Could you hurry up and shift them, I wondered who was to blame for the lack of sun. Everyone is busy blaming climate change and it's Ray and his pile 'em high policies causing the problems.

Could you hurry up and shift them, I wondered who was to blame for the lack of sun. Everyone is busy blaming climate change and it's Ray and his pile 'em high policies causing the problems.

Well, you just need to buy 'em faster Mike. Spread the word! :)

Ray,

Do you have a pile of those spinney things that tell you which way a pump is running, maybe a free one with every MagnaCleans :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MagnaCleanse And Microbore Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock