Discuss Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tm plumbing

I've been asked to quote for a replacement 50kw boiler in a welfare club & notice Vaillant and Viessmann do 46kw & 45kw models respectively. Has anyone fitted any of these sizes & any reviews much appreciated.
Thanks
Trev

thanks. 28mm will be good. And, it will be the only appliance running off this gas supply. At the moment there are 3 zones on this. Hot water and 2 heating. each heating zone is 17kw's. They want to add another 15kw to one zone. As it is an open vent and the old one is a system, would it be good to put a separate pump on the large zone and run the hot water and small heating off one pump? The hot water will be timed to come on an hour before the heating.

So I've got the 2 Worcester cdi 30kw system boilers on the wall, if I can get a Heat exchanger am I right in thinking I can just use 1 side sealed & keep the heating side open vent using the pump after the plate to circulate heating.

Yeh pump on heating side and use pumps on boilers. If using LLH recommended to fit nrv on returns of boilers. As if using plate u will need to tee both boilers together before plate

Yeh pump on heating side and use pumps on boilers. If using LLH recommended to fit nrv on returns of boilers. As if using plate u will need to tee both boilers together before plate

Thanks for that Erm, i suppose I shouldn't need the LLH if I'm using the plate ? as I noticed the Worcester LLH only has 3 zones & I need 4. First time I've used a plate so learning as I go here.

Oooh I just thought buy a twin coil or high surface area coil cylinder and pressurise coil and use body as a headder / buffer. Save a fortune and stop those systems from cycling.

Just think a plate on a dirty old rusty system = problems . Once the rust is packed into that plate may aswell buy a new one . Unless is a plate and frame..... Then u just need 4 hours to strip and rebuild plus gaskets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Erm, i suppose I shouldn't need the LLH if I'm using the plate ? as I noticed the Worcester LLH only has 3 zones & I need 4. First time I've used a plate so learning as I go here.

Sorry poorly explained. Both boilers will need to be linked so at the plate u have one flow and one return. To prevent boilers from pushing against each other or bypassing u will need nrv .

To be honest I power flushed the pipework on Friday and was surprised as it wasn't as bad as I'd feared, so was intending fitting a boilermag xl before plate, with a strainer.

I'm hoping to keep it as simple as poss with the primary side being where all the work is although I might have to replace the big heating pump for a more efficient one.

Any idea of the best way of wiring 4 zones, the heating pump & the boilers to suit as I don't think the spark will enjoy what I'm after.

ps i was looking at the Horstmann h47xl series 2

Sorry poorly explained. Both boilers will need to be linked so at the plate u have one flow and one return. To prevent boilers from pushing against each other or bypassing u will need nrv .

Yeh i was planning to link them, insert hot water zone valve tee then into plate, but yes 2 nrv on return other than that it should be a normal unvented setup on primary's.
im thinking an auto bypass on the flow/return after I've linked the 2 boilers before going into the plate.

Why would u need bypass? Plate always open. Or were u going to zone the plate and the unvented?

Zones easy. S/l from timer ( master 7 day) each zone as prog stat in series. Then contacts all s/l back to boiler . Pump controlled by boiler s/l ( assuming single phase)?signal.

Wouldn't boilers last a little longer and wouldn't u feel a bit better running them to a small LLH and then pump off to plate And pump and valve off to cyl?

Any one else want to comment? It's a forum not a private 1:1 chat room. Unless anyone wants to shine my 10mm chrome restrictor elbow?

Why would u need bypass? Plate always open. Or were u going to zone the plate and the unvented?

Zones easy. S/l from timer ( master 7 day) each zone as prog stat in series. Then contacts all s/l back to boiler . Pump controlled by boiler s/l ( assuming single phase)?signal.

Wouldn't boilers last a little longer and wouldn't u feel a bit better running them to a small LLH and then pump off to plate And pump and valve off to cyl?

I was going to zone the 2 unvented cylinders then leave the existing 3 bigger circuit zone valves in place only picking up they're wiring, you're right no bypass required as plate always open. I don't mind fitting a LLH if it benefits the system I'm just not familiar on how to do it in conjunction with the plate & the Worcester one only has 3 zones, plus where to put pumps on system.

Well me being me.....

Yes prevents thermal shock and boilers have good flow through them so hex don't distort.

Make it out if 105mm copper tube or 76mm if your poor .

Just set up plate like a normal zone off plate and two unventeds as two separate aswell . Be more precise and smoother on boilers. Still tee boilers together in to headder

d4e9d31abc66d6d2cd820b7401a35f6e.jpg
a7681f12feb1e1481167cd26ebe73e0b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock