Search the forum,

Discuss Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tm plumbing

I've been asked to quote for a replacement 50kw boiler in a welfare club & notice Vaillant and Viessmann do 46kw & 45kw models respectively. Has anyone fitted any of these sizes & any reviews much appreciated.
Thanks
Trev

Viessmann commercial are horrible. Worcester Bosch have taken over Buderus and rebadged the GB162. Lovely boiler. Gets my vote every time.

On a similar note ferroli are sneaking out commercials under the Lamborghini badge. Give them a steer too.

Why one large TM? Can't you go for two 26kW on a LLH ?

Should still be able to get it of a U6 a John ? as its only light com LOL

Why one large TM? Can't you go for two 26kW on a LLH ?

Should still be able to get it of a U6 a John ? as its only light com LOL

No reason Chris I've not seen existing setup yet so keeping an open mind, two might work better depending on how they use it & their HW demands. I've not fitted a lot of 40+kW so was just looking for reviews. I did fit a Keston a few years back in a church but believe they are high maintenance. If it's the one big one it's looking like the Vaillant but I'll call my Worcester rep for a heads up too that's if I get the job ;-)

Two logics systems on a LLH or two heat only on a cascade. If it's a cascade make sure u have good filtration .

Anyone would think I worked for Remeha but I think the Quinta pro 65kw would serve you we'll. nice compact wall mounted. 900 by 500by 500 mm.

I don't mind the Quintas or the boulters, flavor of the moment would be a ATAG for me though. the do a 38 or a 51kW

Had a look at this the other day & 2 Worcester Cdi 30 kw with a low loss header looks the way forward. Also 2 250L cylinders. It has 3 heating zones plus HW.
My dilemma is whether to introduce pressure to the malleable iron or not.
Anyone used a low loss header on an open vent system as I've only ever seen them used on sealed systems.

If it is an old dirty O/V system might be an idea to leave it that way but I understand some are using large plate heat exchanges instead of LLH that way new boilers with small water ways can be on sealed system while old system remains open.
Although risk of plate blocking they are a dam-site cheaper than a boiler or two (spare could be left on site ready).

Not done personally just heard about, would be interested to here from anyone that has.

Last edited:
Just fit a 45kw vaillant with a circuit splitting plate hex. worked a treat..boiler seems good but only been in a month..we usually fit ATAG's but controls aren't as user friendly personally speaking..

We all know you take a chance putting and new boiler on an old system, the plate is a good idea but it means two pump if you have two boiler that's three pumps,the nice thing about a plate is you can strip it down, never ever fit a solid one, a plate will bump he cost up a bit. A tube one as Ermi says will do also but not many around make them any more, made to order perhaps, you could suck it and see mag-filters and mesh filter.

Quinta for me. Simple little boiler. Well built never had issues with the well maintained ones. Well apart from a h/e that corroded. But that's one. Never got along with Atag myself. Had too many bad experiences with non user friendly controls. But they obviously may have changed now.

Also, go with a plate, as said one that splits down into sections. Strainer and dirt separator is a must

i would go with the plate exchangers aswell. we fit them on all our systems where we connect to existing systems. If you did want to seal the existing side and are worried about pressurising the steel pipework, you could look at a spill and fill system.

i would go with the plate exchangers aswell. we fit them on all our systems where we connect to existing systems. If you did want to seal the existing side and are worried about pressurising the steel pipework, you could look at a spill and fill system.
Spill & fill system ???? more info please :confused5:

Spill & fill system ???? more info please :confused5:

Chris,

I think he means the use of a spill back tank, now not used, I have only seen a few in my 55 years in the trade, usually a large tank on the plant room floor 1/2 full of water, plastic balls floating on the water, and a spill back PRV when the water in the system expand it spills back into the tank, when the system cools down the pressure set puts the water back into the system.

Normally on a big job with a high head that won't support a membrane in an expansion vessel, the last one I worked on was about 10 floors offices, about 4.5 Bar system pressure with steel tube boiler rated at 6.5 bar.

PS Usually large volume of expansion required

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

I think he means the use of a spill back tank, now not used, I have only seen a few in my 55 years in the trade, usually a large tank on the plant room floor 1/2 full of water, plastic balls floating on the water, and a spill back PRV when the water in the system expand it spills back into the tank, when the system cools down the pressure set puts the water back into the system.

Normally on a big job with a high head that won't support a membrane in an expansion vessel, the last one I worked on was about 10 floors offices, about 4.5 Bar system pressure with steel tube boiler rated at 6.5 bar.

PS Usually large volume of expansion required
Well you learn something new every day !! Thanks for that happyflyer.

I think that is what I will miss most, as of next week I will no longer work in the plumbing industry. (some say I never did)

Still there will be plenty of new learning to be done!

If you lot will allow it, an ageing ex-plumber may still stick his head in the arms every now & then for a swiffty & chew the fat.

Where u off Chris anywhere exciting?
Apprentice manager for that service laying company, they will be learning gas/water then power/fibre over six years to become multi-skilled team leaders. Thats the plan any road.
Wish me luck, looks like I will be travelling the country.

aah man. youve got to stay in the arms..whats a dispute without a sprinkle of watkins spice..;)

Apprentice manager for that service laying company, they will be learning gas/water then power/fibre over six years to become multi-skilled team leaders. Thats the plan any road.
Wish me luck, looks like I will be travelling the country.

You can go and visit croppie in your travels then ?

You have had the best of me mutley, bleed me dry you have, if you can't do it now there is no hope LOL.

I really am going to miss those water regs quotes. I believe you gave me your email so there is no hiding from me. I am not ready to go it alone yet!

Sounds like a great New challenge for you there. All the best a

He will still keep in touch I have no doubt good luck in the new learning curve, Chris can't you keep your hand in at weekends
doing odd plumbing jobs :yawn:

Getting thread back on track, so I've been given the job so looking forward to this one.
ive specd it up on 2 Worcester CDI 30kw system boilers with 2 unvented 250L solar cylinders (solar added at a later date) I'm going with the plate heat exchanger to separate the existing heating from the sealed new side which will heat the cylinders & the PHE on a sealed system using the boilers (swep B28 or B56 I'm looking at, anyone used them ?) internal pumps. The heating pump is staying (large Wilo) & will be connected to the O/Vside of the PHE. I'll be power flushing the 3 heating zones & running a magnacleanse. So I'm hoping once the existing setup is flushed / treated I should be able to connect the heat exchanger onto the pump & set up the wiring. Any advice on the wiring regarding relays etc much appreciated. Existing zone valves are 1"1/4, 1"1/2 & 2" iron connections & I'd like to be able to control each zone individually.
The only thing nagging me now is going unvented on the hot water, I'm replacing a horizontal calorofier with the 2 cylinders picking up the secondary return, again bit concerned about the pressure so still might leave the h/ water vented.
Comments welcome
Trev

go unvented bet diamonds it'll be fine. wiring dunno. looks like a decent set up though..:) Btw wheres chris..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock