Search the forum,

Discuss Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with elderly baldy.

Just realised doing 4 zones of LLH isn't possible as all heating need to go through plate so 2 it is.

Try VA heating for a LLH on 01782 845633.
Used them a fair few times for LLHs made to spec. Do the sizing, give them a drawing and away they go. Good value too!

Try VA heating for a LLH on 01782 845633.
Used them a fair few times for LLHs made to spec. Do the sizing, give them a drawing and away they go. Good value too!

Yes thanks I'm waiting on a cost from them, hopefully tomorrow.
I'm also going to strip out the 3 large commercial zone valves on this system & replace them with 3 28mm Honeywell with a separate pump for each leg. Think this will pull better balance from the LLH
A bit more in this than I first thought but if it's worth doing its worth doing right IMO

Will you guys tell me how you intend to set up the DRVs please I would love to know, hold th'and onto F/R,

Gate valves have served us well on domestic for the last 60 years, why all of a sudden is UPK going commercial using DRV, WB went a bit over-board on their LLH drawing me thinks.

U be using my "sonex" ultra sonic mass flow rate calculator coupled with my hot tube differential gauge.

Will you guys tell me how you intend to set up the DRVs please I would love to know, hold th'and onto F/R,

Gate valves have served us well on domestic for the last 60 years, why all of a sudden is UPK going commercial using DRV, WB went a bit over-board on their LLH drawing me thinks.

I've got to go back a replace. 5 28mm altech gate valves on a school used for balancing the gland nuts don't thread on properly and it looks a mess as they are weeping when hot

I've got to go back a replace. 5 28mm altech gate valves on a school used for balancing the gland nuts don't thread on properly and it looks a mess as they are weeping when hot

Photos please Ermi, I can't upload any photos any more just get URL link only what am I doing wrong?

it's been a while since this job so thought i'd update -
The sealed side with the LLH is working fine, on the OV side there's 3 heating zones, the largest of which is dying on me when the other 2 are on at same time they are each served with a 15/60 so it's off with zone 1 pump tomorrow and in goes a Ups2 32-80 so i'm hoping with a bit of balncing i'll get even distribution. i'll update how it goes
miners welfare 002.jpgminers welfare 007.jpgminers welfare 009.jpg

Nice and neat, personally would of used lever valves (although supposes it depends on budget) . Also why are the pumps in the first picture facing up? Thought that was bad for them.

I don't mind the gate valves to be honest can be useful to help balance.
also the pumps are ok as long as the shaft is either horizontal or slightly higher to eliminate air ( according to Grundfos PDFs anyway) see below -

The new pump works better but the manifold pipe work setup I have is no good so back tomorrow to re do a bit of pipework and have the three heating zones teed off the HX horizontal flow outlet direct up into each zone valve with a new valve on each to adjust flows. Picking up the expansion too.
At the moment it only wants to flow on 1st zone only due to pipework, altering it should hopefully be more even. Fingers crossed !!

Where pumps are installed in horizontal pipework, ensure that the pump shaft is also horizontalor slightly higher at the vent plug end. This reduces thrust bearing load and ensures positive airpurging from both the rotor chamber and impeller housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Light Commercial Boiler Reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock