Discuss Leaking pop up waste from bottom side in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin.

I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with the waste closed but when I pop it up to release the water down the drain it leaks out from the underside of the sink where the backnut nut washer are, before the trap.

I could just silicone the back nut washer but then I would be simply trapping the water inside and that doesnt seem right.

What can I check?

Any advice massivley appreciated

/

Yes need to seal both sides

Reply to Leaking pop up waste from bottom side in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, I recently brought a replacement Pop Up Waste from Argent K316-DL & the spec states it suits both overflow & non-overflow basins...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing my first Belfast/butler kitchen sink. It came with the waste and stainless steel drain. To my surprise the kit only has one...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
Back