Search the forum,

Discuss Leadloc size pics attached in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Any ideas which leadloc size I should need? I'm thinking 3/4 9lb but any guidance which I need would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111_090556_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_090556_Gallery.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240111_090608_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_090608_Gallery.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 13
I would normally but 7 and 9 in both sizes eg 1/2 and 3/4 you can always take them back

Thanks guys, one of them situations if I cut the pipe and can't get the fitting the water has to stay turned off.

Hand tight then a full turn be enough? Don't want to crush the lead.

I was looking at the Philmac fittings but double the price.

Thanks

Start in the morning!
A decent independent plumbers’ merchants will definitely have what you need in stock, so don’t worry on that score.

Assemble everything together with lead loc finger tight plus half turn (I have strong fingers) and at the end of all this (presumably in the house?) have the stopcock and a tap open- so that there is not much pressure when you turn water back on.
Then turn the water back on attend to the lead loc, nipping it up gradually if required until it’s watertight.
Then close the tap and stopcock in the house and recheck the lead loc, now that it is subjected to maximum pressure.

Morning again

The instructions are saying the olive taper this way. Tapers usually go into fittings so the other way don't they.
Or is this just totally different with it being lead

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_102813_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_102813_Gallery.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240115_102809_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_102809_Gallery.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Leadloc size pics attached in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock