Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Afternoon all

Much to my disgust I need to work at a little bit of height I need a three or four extension ladder maybe to 7-8 meters tops.

Can anybody recommend a half decent place to get one

screwfix do them, make sure you go for a class 1 variant don't go cheap and diy type it aint worth it.

Rent some tower scaffold if you've got room to erect it, I don't like heights anymore

Rent a boom lift or scissor lift if your working that high up, not worth the risk on a ladder

Maybe I will. I dont go on roofs, but this is for first floor flues. No higher

i would go with a boom lift but adds about £400 to the job but there safe and easy to use

If its below gutters on a 2 story average house then a decent triple extension should be fine but you want something nice and wide and ideally need a second person to help lift and foot the ladder, anything higher and a boom lift or scissor lift or small tower

Thanks all I basically just want something that will fold small enough to get in side the van as opposed on the roof I can't stand having anything on display

sky hooks and

87609409.jpg

Don't forget if you ever do any site work you can't use DIY grade ladders.

Wickes do a canny set. I didnt shop around as they were good quality and about 180 quid and i needed them then.
I think they are 10 metre or just over/under

Dont forget a stand-off to keep them off plastic guttering - esential

Go to a decent paint/decorators merchants, I got a good Youngmans 2piece that gets up past the guttering on normal houses no problem...strong & sturdy..

A decent stand off is a must, if you buy one make sure its the type that allows the ladders to be put up on a corner its very handy

The last time I used a wooden ladder I got 2 rungs up and ended up back on the floor! Bloody wood worm!

Pretty sure your Not allowed to use wooden steps on site o doubt you could use a wooden ladder!!

You can't even use metal class 1 on most London sites any more my Lead working bother in law had to buy new sets of GRP ladders (and steps) a couple of years back.

You can't even use metal class 1 on most London sites any more my Lead working bother in law had to buy new sets of GRP ladders (and steps) a couple of years back.

TBH Chris most sites don't want you on ladders at all but want you on scaffolding.

True. Ladders at best are only for access these days. Usually need a platform to work on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock