Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a smart water meter in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass.

But the practical issue is that it means that I have little real feel for how much water we actually use. The house has three full bathrooms and has had up to 7 people living there, but now only 3. We store about 5-6 tonnes but I don't know what the throughput is. The house is on a different water line to the garden.

So the first part of the revamp is to put in a (non-statutory) water meter - and as this system is in an outhouse, I'm interested in a smart meter that will give data to my phone. I'd be grateful for any ideas where I could get such a thing.

Other plans are to replace the plastic tanks with a tank made from reinforced concrete walls and open top (with a simple cover), because the plastic tanks are just impossible to clean, and to replace the wholly inadequate filter on the inlet with a proper sand filter that cleans itself periodically based on measured throughput. But for this I need to check the water pressure, I'm not really sure how to do that. The easiest way seems to be to permanently plumb in a pressure gauge on a T-joint near the inlet. That doesn't need to be smart, though if it were it would give me a warning of water being cut off - which does happen from time to time, hence the need for the tanks as a buffer.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• Villa water system.jpg
    Villa water system.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 10
Respectfully you want a space age solution to a third world problem which is to know how large to build your storage tanks. You can get a feel for your usage with a mechanical meter which I'm sure you could acquire more locally otherwise try aliexpress or alibaba.

Reply to Looking for a smart water meter in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock