Search the forum,

Discuss Joists runing parrel to external walls making it hard to get radiator pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a new build to first fix were the joist run parallel to the external walls, most rads are on external walls. The joists are about 50mm from the wall though to 125mm. So bang in the distances I would want to bring my 15mm copper storks up to the rads, from a 15mm plastic elbow and pipework. Guessing I won't be able to use my usual method of first fixing here? Any one else had this?

getting any bird to fit to a rad would be a challenge!!

however if you use ef elbows and copper pipe the issue goes away most times

Do it in 10mm drill the joist thread the pipes up and fit a wall plate and make a heart out of the pipe work to avoid kinks.

Hi I have a new build to first fix were the joist run parallel to the external walls, most rads are on external walls. The joists are about 50mm from the wall though to 125mm. So bang in the distances I would want to bring my 15mm copper storks up to the rads, from a 15mm plastic elbow and pipework. Guessing I won't be able to use my usual method of first fixing here? Any one else had this?

yup just hole saw (32mm or so) the joist low, chase the wall a bit, stick copper tails in bends and feed up

yup just hole saw (32mm or so) the joist low, chase the wall a bit, stick copper tails in bends and feed up

wait just read your post properly.. as above but have copper behind dot and dab and tails out horizontaly or as above and just set them.

if the joists are 50mm away can you not take pipes up between that and have your tails coming out of the wall rather than up through the floor or is the joist sitting on a wall head,

Use plastic couplings instead of elbows. Leave them just short of the joist. Notch the joist and solder your tails with e/f elbows and shove em into the couplings

Notch with a multi tool pushfit sockets onto copper nd elbow up into valves.

End feed elbow and notch the joist, then if your using plastic use a socket or an elbow.

If notching the joists surely I can't use plastic couplings as these are a greater diameter than then pipe so would need a deeper notch.

If I use plastic because its looking like I'll need to notch the joists I will have to offset the pipes down ever time I need to tee off the heating pipework,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Joists runing parrel to external walls making it hard to get radiator pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My partner and I recently bought a house and have been attempting to make the bathroom less fugly. I was removing the bath and shower...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me where I can get a walk in shower enclosure glass wall channel with about 50mm - 60mm of adjustment in it? I hired a bathroom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock