Search the forum,

Discuss Bloc Feed pipe to radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire, pushing the blockage to the manifold I think now totally blocked.
Return pipe is clear.
Exposing manifold is major as it’s between floors and involves carpets up and cutting floor sheets to find.
22mm pipes from combi to manifold are on the other side of the wall along garage loft.
My question is, could I T into 22mm feed and run a new 15mm pipe to rad, and use the existing return

what boiler do you have ?

Worcester combi boiler,
Other 10 rads and hot water fine

Then yes you will be fine coming off the main flow pipe

But your likely to get more blockages down the road with the manifold system

Thanks it’s another option anyway.
I’ll look into how to locate the manifold with a neighbour I know had issues.
I have a thoroughflush kit so once I get this sorted I’ll flush through and double dose of inhibitor then flush the system once a year going forward

Reply to Bloc Feed pipe to radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock