Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bloc Feed pipe to radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire, pushing the blockage to the manifold I think now totally blocked.
Return pipe is clear.
Exposing manifold is major as it’s between floors and involves carpets up and cutting floor sheets to find.
22mm pipes from combi to manifold are on the other side of the wall along garage loft.
My question is, could I T into 22mm feed and run a new 15mm pipe to rad, and use the existing return

what boiler do you have ?

Worcester combi boiler,
Other 10 rads and hot water fine

Then yes you will be fine coming off the main flow pipe

But your likely to get more blockages down the road with the manifold system

Thanks it’s another option anyway.
I’ll look into how to locate the manifold with a neighbour I know had issues.
I have a thoroughflush kit so once I get this sorted I’ll flush through and double dose of inhibitor then flush the system once a year going forward

Reply to Bloc Feed pipe to radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock