Discuss Is this my outside stopcock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I cannot isolate my toilet water supply for a quick-fix, as the valve/tap is buried beneath tiling by whoever built the place.

All other taps in the flat just isolate the kitchen.

Is the green switch next to my water meter in this blurry photo a stopcock? It is underwater because there seems to be a leak kerbside.

IMG_0101.jpg

Yes but you should have an internal one ?

Yes but you should have an internal one ?
I’m in a weirdly converted flat. Probably done in the 80s.

One internal tap just isolates the kitchen.

When I shut the tap from the cold water tank the toilet still refills.

I can’t locate any others.

I just need to turn the water off to add an isolating valve to the toilet water inlet. Then I can fix the flush at leisure.

I have Thames Water coming soon to investigate a leak at the water meter, so they might be able to locate another internal tap.

Thanks for the swift reply.

I’m in a weirdly converted flat. Probably done in the 80s.

One internal tap just isolates the kitchen.

When I shut the tap from the cold water tank the toilet still refills.

I can’t locate any others.

I just need to turn the water off to add an isolating valve to the toilet water inlet. Then I can fix the flush at leisure.

I have Thames Water coming soon to investigate a leak at the water meter, so they might be able to locate another internal tap.

Thanks for the swift reply.

That valve is a 1/4 turn eg inline with the meter on eg vertical

Horizontal for off etc

Reply to Is this my outside stopcock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock