Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is this glue against regulations ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hi guys,

I got called out to inspect some plumbing works.

Boiler: brand new vaillant, no filter, no reducer, no carbon monoxide alarm, prv pipe facing 2 sockets

Flue: no access to the flue at all, it looks pretty much they used an old existening flue

The prv pipe goes straight out into a little extension / bended down and right underneath is a 240v socket. It's not leading to outside.

System hasn't been flushed.
Company walked away without commissioning the boiler without registering the boiler.

What has to be done to make this to current regs and most of all safe ?

I am about to give the job to my gas safe mate. Just wondering what you think about this job and what would you roughly charge to register the boiler with gas safe? I think the flue, access and a filter should Ben installed, am I wrong ?

Would love to get an advise kind regards.

Ron

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

Looks like boiler will have to be refitted as flue looks too close to the roof and access to the flue is a must to meet regs. Filter is a must in my opinion but no regs insisting that you fit one.

The flue should be a vertical one. Not what is there but would like more pictures as if they have done that with the flue. Would like to see what the install is like.

The flue should be a vertical one. Not what is there but would like more pictures as if they have done that with the flue. Would like to see what the install is like.

Basically the boiler is hanging in the bathroom entrance left hand side,

Flue disappears with a bend inside the extension roof without access and the flue looks also not new looks like used from previous boiler.

All wrong get your gse to quote for a new boiler direct to customer

Ok, what shall I tell the customer why the boiler has to be re installed ? What reason can I give to do so ?

What plumbing works were you there for ?

If they have used the existing flue !

Am I following you correctly Matchless. ?

The flue (and I could be wrong here), looks like the old baxi flue?
if it is the one i'm thinking of has it not got an aluminium exhaust ?

It would be RIDDOR reportable?

What plumbing works were you there for ?

He called me up for a leak ( which I assume is central heating under a boarded floor with new carpet), plumbing under the kitchen sink very untidy pipework takes too much space, boiler loosing pressure every 5/6 weeks
Installing a new radiator vertical one.

Wouldn't touch anything heating related till a new boiler has been fitted as its turn off and cap job

So you wernt there to have a look at the boiler?

I also went out for banging pipework which only occurs when basin ( quarter trun tap ) and toilet is been used,

So i wanted to ask you how to solve this ... do i need to change the quarter turn valves ? Or prv at the mains ? , shock arrestor ?

What would you do ?

Wouldn't touch anything heating related till a new boiler has been fitted as its turn off and cap job

Ok, does the flue look new to you ? To me looks the old existing one because the foam around it looks old too. Can you install a boiler in the toilet ?

Shall I tell him the boiler is RIddor and needs to be re installed to current regs ?

I wouldn't either. Get you Gas Safe mate to attend and do a report to check everything.

Depends what does the toilet fill valve look like if it looks ok

Fit a shock arrestor under sink as I bet pipes arnt clipped

Hahha you are quite right. Leaving the prv pipe inside the extension facing down to the sockets hahah

Is that definitely the flue outside ?

The one inside looks downhill (unless it's just the photo )

Ok, does the flue look new to you ? To me looks the old existing one because the foam around it looks old too. Can you install a boiler in the toilet ?

Shall I tell him the boiler is RIddor and needs to be re installed to current regs ?

Get your gas safe engy to do a site visit and let him do it / go through it himself

Depends what does the toilet fill valve look like if it looks ok

Fit a shock arrestor under sink as I bet pipes arnt clipped
They've got those fancy old Victorian toilet and taps but brand new with a push button flush valve but with handle

You say the flue is hidden. Is the boiler in the middle of the house or on an external wall?

Thanks very much to you all for carrying so much!

Much appreciate to every single one !

Thanks guys

You say the flue is hidden. Is the boiler in the middle of the house or on an external wall?
Flue is the bathroom which has a bend inside the extension roof and then you only see the flue on the slope roof very close the roof ... there is no access to the flue pipe whatsoever

Is that definitely the flue outside ?

The one inside looks downhill (unless it's just the photo )
I couldn't see any other flue except from this one, even though it needs access to the flue regardless if the one is been vertical or horizontal...

Flue is the bathroom which has a bend inside the extension roof and then you only see the flue on the slope roof very close the roof . there is no access to the flue pipe whatsoever

This is how I would word it

You can either talk / send a letter to the owner

Saying you don't like how the boiler has been fitted but your not gas safe reg so you would recommend someone who is checking it out

You can find your own gas safe engy

Or I can recommend one

Mr jones
Ahfy gas engineers
395369427)35@£

Somthing like that etc

And let them go direct to your gas safe engy / get somone else

I can't believe anyone would use that old flue onto a new appliance.

There must be something you're missing ?

Are you sure they haven't just left it in the wall ?

This is how I would word it

You can either talk / send a letter to the owner

Saying you don't like how the boiler has been fitted but your not gas safe reg so you would recommend someone who is checking it out

You can find your own gas safe engy

Or I can recommend one

Mr jones
Ahfy gas engineers
395369427)35@£

Somthing like that etc

And let them go direct to your gas safe engy / get somone else
Thank you very much Shaun much appreciate will definitely send it to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this glue against regulations ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock