Currently reading:
Is this glue against regulations ?

Discuss Is this glue against regulations ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hi guys,

I got called out to inspect some plumbing works.

Boiler: brand new vaillant, no filter, no reducer, no carbon monoxide alarm, prv pipe facing 2 sockets

Flue: no access to the flue at all, it looks pretty much they used an old existening flue

The prv pipe goes straight out into a little extension / bended down and right underneath is a 240v socket. It's not leading to outside.

System hasn't been flushed.
Company walked away without commissioning the boiler without registering the boiler.

What has to be done to make this to current regs and most of all safe ?

I am about to give the job to my gas safe mate. Just wondering what you think about this job and what would you roughly charge to register the boiler with gas safe? I think the flue, access and a filter should Ben installed, am I wrong ?

Would love to get an advise kind regards.

Ron

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

I can't believe anyone would use that old flue onto a new appliance.

There must be something you're missing ?

Are you sure they haven't just left it in the wall ?

This is how I would word it

You can either talk / send a letter to the owner

Saying you don't like how the boiler has been fitted but your not gas safe reg so you would recommend someone who is checking it out

You can find your own gas safe engy

Or I can recommend one

Mr jones
Ahfy gas engineers
395369427)35@£

Somthing like that etc

And let them go direct to your gas safe engy / get somone else
Thank you very much Shaun much appreciate will definitely send it to him

Wouldn't touch anything heating related till a new boiler has been fitted as its turn off and cap job

So you wernt there to have a look at the boiler?

Cant just shut it off till u have your definative proof that its dangerous,
matchless = do all your saftey checks, emmisions , check the flue , then accertain if its at risk or it is dangerous
If it was me and it was dangerous then cap and warning and certainly not new boiler simply a new flue , no sense costing the poor customer a load of money for no reason,
Certainly looks like a cowboy who installed it,,,
Is the benchmark filled out and all tests done and signed ???

matchless = do all your saftey checks, emmisions , check the flue , then accertain if its at risk or it is dangerous
If it was me and it was dangerous then cap and warning and certainly not new boiler simply a new flue , no sense costing the poor customer a load of money for no reason,

He's not GSR Kris. (matchless)

He cannot do checks he is not Gas Safe

No benchmark that's why he asked me about the commissioning but I cannot do it therefore I'll get my mate to do the job with me. Thanks for your responds and help

It's a pleasure to ask you all guys

Who built this house you're working in matchless ?
Jack ?

How's that fence panel down there under the house?
I know it's my screen not showing photo right so I can't make it out properly?
It looks like a large plywood extension built on a fence LOL

I haven't got a clue about the fence extension hahaha didn't see that :) ..
I am not working there just went out as the customer asked me to come and check the water hammer, pipework alteration under the sink, leak in the floor / central heating, installing new vertical rad

He's not gas safe flue isn't vailliant and flue in boxing I'd cap and turn off simple

Would only be a new boiler if vailliant wouldn't warrenty it or if cus is ok with this

I believe if you install a boiler inside the bathroom you need to consider the zoo nes too don't you ?

Elec side but if it's in a cupboard no need to think of these as in different zone

Never realised op wasnt regd, is the flue in a void ? i thought it was a straight out horizontal flue,,
Even if Vaillant didnt warranty it could it not have a new vertical flue installed ,
I mean the home owner obviously was the one who got the boiler installed i take it ?
if so hed have the engineers details , either get them back to fix or get a new gsr eng in to assess and rectify as neccessary , i certainly wouldnt want the original fitter back going by the mess hes left,

Unfortunately he doesn't want anyone coming as he is scared they'll turn the boiler off. Flue is on the void. I gave him a price from my gas safe engineer for relocating but he hasn't got any money now and wants other opinions. I guess he realised that the ppl weren't the best :)

I would get the gas supplier to cut it off outside. He would have no choice but to get it looked at properly then. That terminal might not even be connected.(or it might be) but who in the hell knows.

If it's connected then surely with 2 different type of flues, and most likely old one with new one.

I don't know what tell him now, my mate wanted to charge £1500 for relocating the boiler, commissioning and filling the benchmark out, to certify the boiler and register it with gas safe.

I think it doesn't seem very bad though. But as soon as he heard the price he said he hasn't got the money ... but what about your own health and safety though ? What would you guys do leave it as it is or .... ?

Unfortunately he doesn't want anyone coming as he is scared they'll turn the boiler off. Flue is on the void. I gave him a price from my gas safe engineer for relocating but he hasn't got any money now and wants other opinions. I guess he realised that the ppl weren't the best :)

?? How did your gas safe engy give him a price when he hasn't seen it ??

when I called him I told him that my mate could come within the next hour to to assess the boiler properly. However, he asked me what would be roughlay the price if the flue and and few other things are wrong. I then mentioned that in worst case scenario he will need to relocate the boiler but that decision would be made once he is there. So basically he got a little bit afraid and said he cannot afford such a costs and is worried he will turn the boiler off.

I just told him his rough figure and he went like ah sorry but cannot afford it at the moment. I mean it's a qypuite surprise for him though but that's what it is ... if a gas safe decides it has to be done then he has no other way.

Surely it has to be rectified by the eeediots that fooked it up , its terrible that the poor custard has to pay anything since hed already paid but there in lies the rub = did he cut corners to get a cheapo install done and u get wot u pay for scenario, unfortunate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this glue against regulations ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock