Discuss is the (bloody) torbeck valve causing water trickle? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

thanks for that JCPlumb, in your experience what else could it be if not the torbeck? as once the water supply is isolated, there is no longer a leak into pan, so surely that must mean its the inlet torbeck valve thats faulty?

The fact that the water continued to rise in the cistern after flushing can only mean one thing and that the Torbeck was letting by. You proved that was the case when isolating the inlet and the overflow stopped running. The only reason I suggested checking the flush valve too was that a faulty flush valve displays the same symptom in the pan. We already ascertained the Torbeck was faulty but it would be frustrating for you if you changed the Torbeck and water still ran into the pan. It's unlikely there would be a problem with both at the same time but it does happen.

You eliminated the flush valve as being the source of the problem and are left with the cistern over-filling problem which you now know how to sort out.

In my last post to you I referenced "the internal syphon overflow" and that is the only overflow you have on your toilet. There was a time when you had to use a dedicated "warning pipe" overflow which would terminate in a place that would cause a nuisance e.g. over a doorway or window so that it cannot be ignored.

A good few years ago now the regulations changed to allow an internal overflow through the syphon and into the pan which is how yours was operating and doing it's intended job.

Good luck and all the best with installing your new Fluidmaster inlet valve. Any problems don't hesitate to ask.

hey guys, succesfully installed the fluid master valve, been 2 weeks and no leaks or dripping into the pan, thanks for all the correct advice
However only issue is the flush strength is much more weaker now, is was already weak but much more now, can this be easily solved? or is the issue with the house water pressure which requires more detailed work?
thanks all

Same water level in the cistern?

So should be exactly the same as before as the water volume is the same

I would say your siphon is on it’s way out if it’s gotten weaker / have to pump the Handle a few times to flush

Reply to is the (bloody) torbeck valve causing water trickle? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
E
Hello, I have an odd plumbing issue that I would like advice on. This is a new house construction, single story, with one bathroom. Hot water is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock