Discuss Is my apprentice taking drugs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am sure it can be taken recreationally without wrecking your life (if anything it will help my thread if you have experience with the drug which I do not)

It can be taken recreationally without wrecking your life but that's a pretty low bar. For many users it will come close. For a majority of users it will come to be viewed as a problem.

It has always left me virtually unable to function the following day (or two, or three) when I've used it and in some ways I'm thankful for this because it's only this enormous physical and emotional cost I suspect that has permitted a slow gradual decline in usage over the years. When you're on it it is absolutely fantastic. So if I felt mostly fine the next day I can easily imagine the habit would have increased

If he is using and is a high functioning user it could well prove disasterous long term. Have a word. Even if just out of human compassion rather than with business in mind. It could go further than you imagine.

In this situation, I would call his parents - without him knowing - and have a chat with them.
They might shed some light on the situation or help resolve the problem.

From what you say he doesn't sound like a bad kid. He may have lost some direction and needs some guidance.

I would also get him back into college and inform him that if he get kicked out again, he will be let go.

Sit down and talk about your plans going forward. Then ask him why he's struggling with the college side and money management.
I think that's as far as you can go.
Shame if he's a grafter but it will be your name if things go pear shaped.

In this situation, I would call his parents - without him knowing - and have a chat with them.
They might shed some light on the situation or help resolve the problem.

From what you say he doesn't sound like a bad kid. He may have lost some direction and needs some guidance.

I would also get him back into college and inform him that if he get kicked out again, he will be let go.

If it were me I would tell you to duck off out of my or my sons personal life as it is nothing to do with you.

I dont know why but all of a sudden employing someones means you own them and can tell them what they can and cant do outside of work as it's simply their business not yours what they do.

If it is impacting on work then you can say something but otherwise butt out.

If it were me I would tell you to duck off out of my or my sons personal life as it is nothing to do with you.

I dont know why but all of a sudden employing someones means you own them and can tell them what they can and cant do outside of work as it's simply their business not yours what they do.

If it is impacting on work then you can say something but otherwise butt out.

I understand your point of view completely, but in this instance I must disagree somewhat.

Fact is, they way people behave (in and out of work) does impact the reputation of employers - through association. Much as blame should not be laid at the foot of employers it increasingly is - and none of us can afford that these days.

This is why I proffered the opinion & advice I did early in the thread. If i enquired sensitively and was told to 'duck off' then they'd be down within 2 mins and lives severly messed up all round.

I understand your point of view completely, but in this instance I must disagree somewhat.

Fact is, they way people behave (in and out of work) does impact the reputation of employers - through association. Much as blame should not be laid at the foot of employers it increasingly is - and none of us can afford that these days.

This is why I proffered the opinion & advice I did early in the thread. If i enquired sensitively and was told to 'duck off' then they'd be down within 2 mins and lives severly messed up all round.

Having a friendly chat is different to going behind someones back and going to the parents. It's like being at school. If people are not man enough to ask the person 1 to 1 then they should not be employing people.

If you have a problem with me you say it to me not my parents type thing.

Then again, he may not be using coke.... just has nightly meets with ladies of the night for swift hand shuffle
And £300 isn’t a lot these days. He could be whacking £30 a week on topping up his phone, fuel in car, beers, cigs, clothes, what about lodge money. He may of had a loan to buy his car/ bike/ tv/ games console.

You may just be jumping the gun

Reply to Is my apprentice taking drugs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock