Discuss Installing Hot water Cylinders. Do You Need to Register Them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi There,

I was just wondering if when replacing a hot water cylinder (vented), do you need to Bench Mark them and/or register their installation with the local council building control?

Obviously, you need to check everything is working correctly, but do you need to send off paper work?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Nomad G3 covers the installation of vented and unvented cylinders, as far as i understand this covers 'HOT WATER storage systems', best you take a look at part L1 A - L1 B these lay down the legal requirements you are required to undertake, for both vented and unvented, you can download these documents from the governments planning portal site, hope this helps ??

Hi Nomad G3 covers the installation of vented and unvented cylinders, as far as i understand this covers 'HOT WATER storage systems', best you take a look at part L1 A - L1 B these lay down the legal requirements you are required to undertake, for both vented and unvented, you can download these documents from the governments planning portal site, hope this helps ??

Hi, thanks for that. I also backed it up with a call to the local district council to find out about application stuff. To replace the hot water cylinder they want £180!!!!!!!! Their fee for giving you permission. I was staggered!

Hi, thanks for that. I also backed it up with a call to the local district council to find out about application stuff. To replace the hot water cylinder they want £180!!!!!!!! Their fee for giving you permission. I was staggered!
Join a competent person scheme, You can self certificate for around £2.50

you can do it through gas safe, but i guess your not registered. Water safe? or maybe niceic?

you can do it through gas safe, but i guess your not registered. Water safe? or maybe niceic?

Yup you guessed it! However, I am half way through my gas safe portfolio so hopefully only a matter of time - although I am dreading the ACS!

Don't it's easy. Doubting yourself in traffic on way home is difficult. Getting qualified is easy staying sharp isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing Hot water Cylinders. Do You Need to Register Them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, Recently had a new heating system and unvented hot-water cylinder installed (conversion from vented with tank). Everything is working fine...
Replies
Views
Z
I'm trying to remove the zone valve ion vented tank and the tank started leaking around the joint. I was hoping to just run the tank with...
Replies
Views
zacwithleak
Z
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock