Search the forum,

Discuss In my Opinion - Very Poor Plumbing Standards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Davmacrat

Hi,
I'm not Plumber. What I am is an electrical, electronic and mechanical engineer of 35 years experience. I recently invited a Plumber of, so he says, 20 years standing into my home to plumb in a en-suite shower room and toilet. The resulting (In my opinion) mess, and pipe pipework, has left me speechless. Do you chaps have a regulatory body, who would be able to assign someone to publish an opinion on the standard of work provided?

Thanks for listening.
D

Hi and welcome, depends if they a member of trade organisation, if that bad if potential of pollution or contamination then try water authority and HSE

Find the how to post a photograph link.
Oh and welcome to the forum.

i do reports like this on a regular basis. where are you?

the first thing i will aske you is what was the cost of the job & who was it, then take it from there!

when i have finished, i can tell you what type of business he comes from, the trade (builder, handy man, fast tracker etc), his qualifications and even the age of who fitted it (to an approximate degree of accuracy).

Last edited by a moderator:
us chaps, dont even have to have any qualifications to call themselves plumbers, I am sorry to say!

Welcome along :)

Few questions.

Was it a builder, home improvement company or a plumber.
Did you get a number of estimates
Did you speak to previous customers
Did you pick the cheapest estimate

Really need to see some pics.

us chaps, dont even have to have any qualifications to call themselves plumbers, I am sorry to say!

i like this definition of a plumber taken from the free dictionary....

'an undercover operative hired to detect or stop leaks of confidential information, often using questionable or illegal methods'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to In my Opinion - Very Poor Plumbing Standards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
I have a Navian boiler with an iFlow air system that provides air around the house via high velocity conduit. It's just over a 1 year old property and I just moved in and found the heating suboptimal. I have had a plumber indicate the system is designed and installed incorrectly, which the...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
Current setup: Cold water tank, and header tank in loft. Hot water tank in airing cupboard at top of stairs. Power shower (mira event xs) in main bathroom, and same in en-suite. 20 year old Baxi boiler, still going strong. Background: Need to free up as much space in loft for conversion. Enough...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock