Search the forum,

Discuss Imperial to Metric rad replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to replace some rads downstairs due to age.

It looks like I’ll need to install tails with extensions (20mm either side for neatness) as the new rads would be 40mm to 45mm narrower.

My main concern is that all the rads downstairs have tails with drain off plugs and they are needed as the downstairs rads need to be drained individually during a full drain down.

Do extensions tails with drain off exist? I’m confident enough to swap the rads as I’ve had them off to flush previously but I’d be less confident moving pipe work.

It’s a vented system and for replacing inhibitors so might as well do everything at once.

Or am I planning this wrong?

Thanks

Use these?:

Stelrad Radiator Extension Pieces | Radiators
large-stelrad-ext-pieces.jpg

You can still buy imperial sized radiators.
If you like the design of them, Myson Roundtop rads are still available in imperial sizes.
Might not be your choice.

Reply to Imperial to Metric rad replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was ok until I've spotted a v small leak (like 1 drip per hour) between the valve nut and extension piece. So I suspect I just need more PTFE + compound...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m currently in the process of refurbing my house, and have opted to wet UFH for the whole of the downstairs. The upstairs will be radiators. The flooring I’ve chosen is 14mm thick engineered wood and I just wanted to know the best way to do things. At current, the builder was...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock