Discuss Immersion issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

So, after having no drain tee on a combi tank I put the hosepipe down the cold internal feed and sucked, hey presto after a couple of goes it started to drain, all 100%.

Now, after fitting the new immersion and thermostat (that is already fitted) and wiring the other bits up I turned it on. Nothing, been sitting here half hour and water still cold.

There is electric going to and from and I've changed the fuse in case. Still nothing!!!

Any comments?

Should I wait longer?

Cheers

Rct

Is the stat turned up?
I fitted a dead immersion once, was scratching my head for ages

Is the stat turned up?

remember if its a big tank you will need to wait quite a while for it :)

have you checked with your multimeter at the immersion ?

Don't want to state the obvious but most of these are on economy 7 .
unless it has a boost you might have to wait!

Hi all.

The stats turned up. I've just wired it again to double check.

There power, changed fuse etc. the house is so old its derelict.

I'll check the Econ 7.

Thanks all.

Rct

I asked the question, there's no gas in the derelict house.

It's Econ 7.

All done, chuffed with myself and good experience.

Thanks all for advice.

Rct

Sorry Rocketmanbkk but sucking is for girls - boys stamp up and down on the siphon pipe
either in the bath or outside it works just aswell Centralheatking

Hiya - there are two ways to siphon - 'girls' suck the liquid down in order to get the siphon
effect going - but there is an other way - no sucking ! get some quality hose - and if you
stamp up and down on it either in the bath or outside u will get the it all pulling - its obvoius

stamping up and down on the pipe with your boots will draw the air and then the liquid
into the siphon set up and off you go - (we used to steal petrol years ago this way from
closed petrol stations that did not padlock their fillers to the pump - a few fellas jumping
up and down on the filler hose can fill a car tank in 10 mins ) CHK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
Hi all. So I have an OSO Super SXD 180 immersion heater and it is pouring a huge amount of water out of the cold water pressure relief valve...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Hiya, we had a new pressurised hot water cylinder fitted a few weeks ago even though its double the size of our last one we are finding we aren't...
Replies
Views
Back