Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion heater issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

Saw a customer who had no hot water.

Get to her flat, combi cylinder with the 2 immersions.

So, both are not working.

Took the cover off the top one, thermostat all black and wire had melted.

Took the cover off bottom one and thermostat looked OK but same wire had melted.

No trips on the fuse board.

I am no electrical master so i have no idea what to say to her, its a rented flat with landlords living up north.

Any ideas? I have told her she needs to get an electrician to check and also get her landlords to get him to do an electrical safety inspection as shes been there 5 years and never a inspection although its not law to get it done (yet).

I have no idea as to why the same wire on both elements melted. They are supplied by different fused switches and both work (red light illuminate on bath)

Thanks all

Rocket

Strange as she's been there quite a long time with no problems.

Hope to get someone there today.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion heater issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock