Discuss Immersion heater issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

Saw a customer who had no hot water.

Get to her flat, combi cylinder with the 2 immersions.

So, both are not working.

Took the cover off the top one, thermostat all black and wire had melted.

Took the cover off bottom one and thermostat looked OK but same wire had melted.

No trips on the fuse board.

I am no electrical master so i have no idea what to say to her, its a rented flat with landlords living up north.

Any ideas? I have told her she needs to get an electrician to check and also get her landlords to get him to do an electrical safety inspection as shes been there 5 years and never a inspection although its not law to get it done (yet).

I have no idea as to why the same wire on both elements melted. They are supplied by different fused switches and both work (red light illuminate on bath)

Thanks all

Rocket

Strange as she's been there quite a long time with no problems.

Hope to get someone there today.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion heater issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m not a plumber or a DIYer. I need help! My immersion heater has started coming on at about 10.15 pm. I dont know when this started...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200...
Replies
Views
E
Good evening everyone :), I’ve recently moved into a new flat that is completely electric (It’s got a dual immersion heater) and just had a...
Replies
Views
Hi. Please can anyone help. My mum has just sent me this video of her airing cupboard. She had put the imersion heater on to warm the water for a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock