Discuss If you have someone who works for you / you sub work out to in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Do you tell the customer if

a) you'll be bringing someone with you to do a job
b) you'll be sending someone other than you to do a job

Or do you just take the details and get the work done with manpower as you chose to allocate it.

I ask because obviously if you phone a big company you don't know which engineer you're getting round but with smaller companies you may well have phoned Mr Smith because it was Mr Smith's work that generated the recommendation from a friend. So if monday 9am Mr Smith's lad / mate / associate / sub-contractor turns up you might be miffed?

speaking as a customer,i wouldnt be bothered who turned up as long as they did a good job, at they end of the day as a company its ur responsibility to ensure who ever you employ has you`re reputation in mind.like you say big companies send who ever and different people time after time, they still get custom.

a) Sometimes I tell the customer
b) Always tell the customer

Also

Before a job I tell customers I'm much better than my mate (even though I'm not)
After a job where we've both been working on it I tell if there are any problems after we've finished to contact my mate

I went to see my mate the other day at one of his customers to give him a fitting (as I was on my way home). He was chatting to his customer when I walked in. Saw some cool designer radiators on the walls and said to him with his customer standing there:

"Those are smart. Did you get someone in to fit them?" He nearly walloped me one ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to If you have someone who works for you / you sub work out to in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a repair done by insurance company's own appointed contractor to a galvanised pipe under bit of the short concrete path between the road and...
Replies
Views
Had a woman call our company on Monday morning in some distress. She asked if we (*********) could come out to site and help her (We charge...
Replies
Views
365drills
M
say if someone phones you up and asks you to fit a toilet, or bath or straight swap bathroom as a foreigner do you have set prices in your head -...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock