Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Isar HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Have the above boiler installed, this was done by the previous homeowners. I now have a problem with this boiler, it is losing water pressure on a daily basis. I fill it to 1 bar, put on heating and the pressure needle fluctuates widly. A soon as I switch heating off, you can see the needle start to drop, normally stops just above 0. I have bled the radiators from top to bottom, checked for leaks and also checked external overflow but can see nothing obvious.

Any suggestion on possible cause and approx. cost to repair?

Thanks
Mal

You will need a gas engineer as what you need to check is inside the combustion chamber.

Thanks for reply.

I did realise I would need a registered engineer but I just wanted an idea on fault and approx cost of repair so I do't have a coronary when I am quoted by engineer.

We don't give prices in open forum.

Purely and simply because we cover the whole of the UK.

And one man's running costs are different to the next.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Isar HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock