Discuss How would you class this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
CP12 & service needed for an empty property to let it out. Boiler is an Ariston Microcombi 23. Gas pipe runs 14-15 meters and all the way in 15mm so clearly undersized. Working pressur at the meter is 22mbar, inlet pressure is 10mbar. Should this be classed as AR? Appliance disconnected at the moment. Also the boiler is not fixed to the wall properly, it has been fixed using a pad onto the wall, the pad is hanging off the wall at the top by about 25mm

Unstable appliance so AR there, 10 mbar is low, but is it really effecting the safe operation of the appliance? It's unlikely to go out in my opinion I would say NCS and just plain daft.

bet the waters piping hot in the middle of winter...

Last edited:
What was the BP out of interest?
If you getting 10MB inlet...something like 8ish BP? If boiler is operating on this and combusting properly it would be NCS, but as mentioned an unstable/unsecure appliance would be AR.

BP was bang on 8mbar. Didnt FGA it as i noticed these faults and left it off. I'll AR it, its not gonna fall off the wall but its not right! Flue and pipes probably holding it together. Cheers for the advice, i'd usually be the one fixing the problems but cant at the moment due to contract work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How would you class this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Went to service a boiler today. First tests I do is tightness/letby and then working pressure at meter and inlet on gas valve. I was getting...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I went to a property today to install a new Range cooker. There was already a Range there but this one has a gas oven instead of an...
Replies
Views
As per the heading, i wanted to ask is it possible to still use a boiler if for example the CH water out and in were both isolated at the boiler...
Replies
Views
A landlord who's properties I look after asked me to go and do a landlord check and service on a vokera compact 29he in a property she is buying...
Replies
Views
mikeyc
M
only getting 31mb (LPG dungs valve) at inlet pressure when boiler is on at max. drops to 29mb when cooker is switched on , they are the only 2...
Replies
Views
Kevin D
K
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock