Discuss How would I remove this toilet seat? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm living in a student accommodation and broke the lid. I told maintenance and they said if it it still flushes, they won't be bothered to fix it. So I've been struggling to understand on how to remove it, so I can replace it myself, and watched a few tutorials on YouTube but nothing in those videos are similar to this toilet. I'm not a plumber so please go easy on me lol.
Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 20230116_040916.jpg
    20230116_040916.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230116_040922.jpg
    20230116_040922.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 39
No don’t undo the big nuts that holds the toilet onto the wall

The round chrome covers / round shrouds will lift up to exposed a screw (that sit on the toilet)

The stainless shrouds will come off your only other option is to cut it off eg cut the bolt that holds it to the toilet with a hacksaw blade

Step 1. Remove the 2 silver shroud covers that are above the silver pegs coming into the seat hinge. You will need a penknife to prise them off. Slip it between the seat hinge and the silver cover. Once these are off just lift the seat off the silver pegs.

Step 2. Using the penknife again prise the 2 silver shrouds off the porcelain, just get the knife in and work them off. They will reveal a Philips screw which you undo. This will remove the connector pegs from the toilet pan.

Here are the caps on the porcelain and the Phillips screw you need to undo. Sorry I can’t show the other two silver covers as my home seat has a click on mechanism. I will be able to show how to remove those two covers tomorrow when I get to my hotel if you wish.

Attachments

• E0E865B2-C163-4DEA-8F2B-531217BA6AFD.jpeg
    E0E865B2-C163-4DEA-8F2B-531217BA6AFD.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 23
Here are the caps on the porcelain and the Phillips screw you need to undo. Sorry I can’t show the other two silver covers as my home seat has a click on mechanism. I will be able to show how to remove those two covers tomorrow when I get to my hotel if you wish.
Yes that would be perfect if you could show me. Thanks!

Reply to How would I remove this toilet seat? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Just moved into a new place and the toilet seat is super loose. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to tighten this toilet seat. I did...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is...
Replies
Views
Hi! Hoping for a bit of help! Thought I had an easy job of changing my toilet seat however it seems to be more challenging than I thought. It...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock