Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or anything like that. The large chrome bits on each side do not push in (I'd thought that was the mechanism but it does nothing), and the little dimples you can see aren't hiding a small hole hiding a screw, they are just indents in the chrome.

So I thought, maybe it just needs pulled up. Didn't move. Pulled harder. Ended up just pulling out the bolt at one side.

Anyway, wrestled the whole thing off, but for the life of me I still can't work out how you remove the seat to access the bolts under the chrome cap.

I've no idea what the brand of the seat/toilet is, and endless YouTube searching hasn't thrown up one with a similar fixing. All are just straightforward push and lift mechanisms.

Anyone any ideas? And sorry my first post here is something so pathetic!!

Attachments

• PXL_20230207_094751859.jpg
    PXL_20230207_094751859.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Reply to Anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock