Search the forum,

Discuss How to synchronize upstairs radiators with downstairs underfloor heating ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jozef

Hi, I`m looking for any good option how to synchronize 4 radiators upstairs with water underfloor heating in 4 zones.

I`ve got new Vaillant boiler fitted a few months ago, which came with Salus roomstat, all radiators upstairs have TRV.
Underfloor heating is only connected to the timer, also Salus.

Previously both radiators and underfloor heating were had timers only so it was little be tricky to get them both swithced on and off at the same time.

But now I have to walk with my roomstat almost everywhere. If I will leave it upstairs through the day, temperature will drop below 20 degrees, boiler will switch on and heating upstairs is on, while nobody`s there. Downstairs, I have to add manually 2 or 3 hours on timer and change to higher temperature to keep heating on and/or close all walves on radiator upstairs. So need to keep an eye on it all the time.

I don`t know if there could be another roomstat receiver installed instead of timer for downstairs underfloor heating and a electric selenoid valve on the pipe to keep one (upstairs) closed while signal will be received from downstair roomstat on the receiver which will switch the boiler on and same the other way round for upstairs.

Maybe it could be a little bit tricky to get wired...

Any ideas? :mad2:

Thanks for any help, ipinions, ideas.
Joe

Firstly you need two zone valves.

One for underfloor and one for rads

Wiring is simple. You should have a programmer for ufh with setback and high point settings. Who fitted the boiler?

Sounds like you have a fancy controller with nothing to control!

Boiler is being installed by local plumbing company here in Manchester in September last year together with Salus wireless receiver and roomstat. They have also recommended to instal electric valve, provided me a quote to supply and fit but I tried to hold of them and do the job form me for last 3 months, but they cannot do it because are so bussy ?! I work for international company and our schedules and planning isnt longer than 12 weeks !!!!

Ufh has single channel programmer Salus EP101 230V only.

Thanks for your replies

Jozef, you really need to get someone in to resolve this. The system may not have been installed or setup correctly or you may have a wiring issue.

Hi you wont believe but i tried to get this job to the company who installed me the boiler 4 months ago but they are too busy to do it so I am now looking for solution and also for someone who can do this for me.
Thanks

Also everything works as it should, the problem is that it looks like I have two separate systems which dont talk together.

If they installed it they should fix it! Get them back.

They have installed the boiler and replaced timer on boiler with roomstat+receiver aparetnly due to the regulations that each house must have it.
There was same timer as on uhf, it wasnt synchronized before thats the reason why I`m lookig for help in here. :confused:

What do you mean synchronised?

if temperature drop down, boiler turns on but only radiators upstairs will get hot water in, downstairs is not connected to the wirelles receiver so pump wont turn on, there`s timer only.

The underfloor does not need to be synchronised.
both radiators and underfloor should work independently of each other.

The underfloor does not need to be synchronised.
both radiators and underfloor should work independently of each other.

I know they should, but at the moment nothing like 2 zone valves being installed. This is the reason why I`m here trying to find what is required for this to work independently of each other.

Three zone valves is what you need.

Get someone in our get the original installer back; unless that installer is you...

As the above post. Without fitting motorised valves your stats have nothing to turn off so whenever the boiler fires, you get everything .

Right, thanks guys of all your reply and help me to get this sorted out.
I`m now waiting for some plumbers to come to my place, have a look and give me a quote to supply and install 2x two zones valve and another rooms stat for ufh.
Because zone valves are mechanical parts, do you recommnend any particular make with long waranty or long life?

Howsie,

Iv'e been in the job 55 years never heard of Synchronised, come to think of it, as anything in this game ever been Synchronised???

55 years in the game and this is what you replied to the thread... thanks for your help :smile5:

Most plumbers everywhere use "honeywell" motorised valves. They are in my opinion the best. Fit these and your never going back again.
they have a manual override in case of a fault,its a silver springs lever on the same end as the wire.

Tried to message u back. I have a whole lotta love for Honeywell two ports and Myson mprtrf for ufh control Myson take it to the limit with controls

Just don't go wireless, they are prone to communication breakdown.

all my love

APPlumbing

He's a man of the world but I don't listen to a lot of his "I don't want want to know" nonsense I prefer to close my eyes go my own way. Wireless is a dream it don't stop in my house have a lot of the Myson units . Never going back again to wired stats with underfloor.

Thanks again everyone who came up with some solution.
I think that know what I need, just need to find som local plumber to do the job for me.

Sorry again for using "synchronize" but didnt know how to describe this, as obviously I am not a plumber.

Ermitrude if you can reply to my message that would be great.

Thanks everyone again. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to synchronize upstairs radiators with downstairs underfloor heating ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock