Discuss How to remove a soft close lid and seat where no visible button or bolt? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

my soft close lid and seat are loose and no longer soft close. I cannot see a bolt or button to release them...

There is no hole for an Allen key or any kind of release mechanism. It’s a wall hung toilet.

Underneath the seat there are no bolts/screws visible.

Help!
Thanks

image.jpg

either it justs lifts up of the bottom pegs it is secured o'rings on the bottom fixings or the chrome covers slide off thats my best guess

my soft close lid and seat are loose and no longer soft close. I cannot see a bolt or button to release them...

There is no hole for an Allen key or any kind of release mechanism. It’s a wall hung toilet.

Underneath the seat there are no bolts/screws visible.

Help!
Thanks

View attachment 38231
Try the grey ends on the each side of the chrome hinges, they are buttons or covers that allow the seat to be lifted clear.

either it justs lifts up of the bottom pegs it is secured o'rings on the bottom fixings or the chrome covers slide off thats my best guess
Thanks for your reply. I have tried pulling it up/off but doesn’t budge - I can try pulling harder...The chrome bits are part of the hinge ie they don’t slide off to the side.

That is a weld line so no it won’t slide apart.
Quite simply two and only two possibilities:
1) grub screws at the back of the hinges
2) it just pulls off vertically

Nothing else.

Note the pulling off type can require extreme force after a few years, eat a can of spinach and get on with it.

That is a weld line so no it won’t slide apart.
Quite simply two and only two possibilities:
1) grub screws at the back of the hinges
2) it just pulls off vertically

Nothing else.

Note the pulling off type can require extreme force after a few years, eat a can of spinach and get on with it.
Result! Got it off with a stronger pull - many thanks! Looks like a nut has come off the back of the right hand hinge fixing. Does it use some kind of plastic expanding nut to hold it on? I could see a white plastic thing has dropped inside the loo base that looked like a plastic nut with a flared edge but can’t get to it.

Reply to How to remove a soft close lid and seat where no visible button or bolt? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to remove a knackered old Ideal Standard top fitted soft close seat but it won't budge. It looks like there are Allen bolts inside...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Haven’t been on here for a while but looking for some advice on Ideal Standard soft close toilet seat E791701. We’ve got three of these...
Replies
Views
There has been some useful info in other threads on how to start removing an Ideal Standard toilet set. There's no push release on this model...
Replies
Views
Hi - Not quite sure how this forum works so this query is intended for all members - I have attached photos of a 'RAK Ella' soft close toilet seat...
Replies
Views
Back