Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water Pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice please,
I am trying to work out what size holes etc are required for pipes to fit through, I am looking at having a unvented hot water cylinder fitted and just wanted to know what size pipe would be used to the hot outlets. I know I need 22mm to the cylinder but not sure what size I need from the cylinder. If you are using mixing taps does the cold supply need to come after the pressure reducing valve or can you take it from the mains and fit check valves to both pipes.

FYI you need to be G3 registered to install an unvented cylinder and commission it

22mm off the cylinder normally

Normal sized house? Use balanced feed to mixers, 22mm off cylinder and 15mm to all fixtures inc bath should be fine for small to med houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water Pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my needs. I have therefore been trying to locate on- line the actual sizes eg length of push-fit tee, spread of branch, before I can purchase the best...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated heat source and a oil boiler. The problem the hit water cylinder doesn't have a stat thus why the hot water is roasting hot but there is a pipe stat on...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock